PDA

View Full Version : WTB:a. panduro

Andy123
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 08:42 AM
hi all...
just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy some nice a. panduro? i want to start breeding them preferably young adults or where i can tell males from females. wot ratio should i get? any aquariums around that commonly hav nice yellow females and some nice males? i am located in sydney(hornsby area) but can travel to get them. anyone know?

thanx
ps how many eggs do these guys hav in each spawn?
http://www.aquanovel.com/images/articulos/ciclidos_enanos/apistogramma_panduro.jpg

flaggy
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 09:14 AM
i last saw some panduros (wild) in an LFS in matraville (send u PM about this). they only had 1 male and 3 females left, so i'm not sure if they'll have any left - best to call first. they form bonded pairs, but the problem is that the pair you buy may not be compatible (they tend to be choosy about their partners).

Th0mas
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 09:28 AM
Hi Andy,

The pic you got in the post is a female. The male has blue body, and there's no way it can be mistaken.

As for the number of eggs, that depends on the age of the female, and quality of the food you feed them. I expect averaging 40-60 per spawn.

Bretto
Tue Nov 06, 2007, 10:09 AM
I got myself a lovely pair of WC from Matto, and the male proceded to dispose of the female in the first day. I've left it a month and gone back and got a second girl. Touch wood, she has been in with him for a week and starting to show courtship signs. They realy are exceptional quality apisto's, I haven't seen fish this strong and vibrant for a long time. I will try and post up some pics....

Bretto

Andy123
Wed Nov 07, 2007, 05:15 AM
bretto...where did u get them? how much do they normally go for?

any other places i can get them? thanx so far

Robdog
Wed Nov 07, 2007, 05:59 AM
ps how many eggs do these guys hav in each spawn?

About this many :wink: Probably a few more could be expected as these were a fairly young couple and I was experimenting with new spawning caves. She was in the process of gobbling them up when the pics were taken.

brucen89
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 01:03 AM
I saw some wild ones at Asquith; I think they had a pair left.

Bruce