PDA

View Full Version : NEW NISSAN GTR 2009

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 12:15 AM
An appreciation for one of the finest Sports cars ever built by the Nissan Motor company.

The release of the new GTR. This vehicle was bench marked against the Porsche 911 which it has beaten !.. It is also faster than the Merc SLR McLaren and is only slower to the Mclaren, Zonda and top end porsche GTR.

Not bad for a car that will sell for under $150 grand. The V-Spec version is said to have 540 HP with a 0-60km/h in 3.6 seconds

This is brilliant footage of the vehicle at the Nurburgriing track.

U Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe_fyhQazg

Or

http://www.gtrnissan.com/?Site=nissanusa&Area=GT-R_Home

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 01:43 AM
Call me outdated but i still prefer the R32 GTR, still this new godzilla will be one heck of a beastie!

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 01:52 AM
nothing wrong with the R32!,,, I love the R34 myself!

DiscusWidow
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 05:36 AM
It's a car Nick!!! haha your funny

taksan
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 06:01 AM
not nice

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 06:13 AM
Godzilla is more then just "a car"!!!

heres a few shots of my cousins off it's nuts R33 GTR, just tuned down to 400KW

its the ABFLUG GTR from high performance imports, up for sale soon to ME! hahahaha

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 06:59 AM
Lovely car mate

I own an s15 which looks like the pewta stunner below.

This is my favorite r34 GTR i wish i owned

Deb its more than just a car :)

anti-generic
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:03 AM
OMG is that your cousin in the pic???
i know him..!!!
and yeah this GTR is a monster!!!

anti-generic
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:15 AM
nice sil!

here's my Fatlady
hahahhah
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/heir_wick/DSC00007.jpg

this is gonna turn into a car nut thread

DiscusWidow
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:18 AM
Deb its more than just a car :)

Hey Nick, it has 4 wheels, starts with a key... its a car.. haha

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:25 AM
now thats one fat 350 sweet ride mate

Deb its more than just a car its like the ultimate female.

she does what she is told to do and it dosent talk back! :P :P

hehehe

and my missus dosent visit this site, :lol:

DiscusWidow
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:28 AM
Lucky for you Mr... You would be in trouble.. What is her phone number btw?

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 07:52 AM
OMG is that your cousin in the pic???
i know him..!!!
and yeah this GTR is a monster!!!

yep thats him, my little cuz and best man at my wedding!

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 08:12 AM

:lol: It's okay Deb, I know it. I'll give it to you.

And he would be in HUGE trouble :twisted:

DiscusWidow
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 08:17 AM

:lol: It's okay Deb, I know it. I'll give it to you.

And he would be in HUGE trouble :twisted:

Good one Mez, us girls have to stick together...

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 08:23 AM
And anyway you boys with your expensive toys.............................................. .................................................. ...........if it doesn't have a three point star on the bonnet or in the grill, it's JUST a car.

If it does, it's THE car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*sits back waiting for the explosion*
:laff4

Ben
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 08:37 AM
Nice car nick but I am more of a 92 pulsar kinda bloke

taksan
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:47 AM
And anyway you boys with your expensive toys.............................................. .................................................. ...........if it doesn't have a three point star on the bonnet or in the grill, it's JUST a car.

If it does, it's THE car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*sits back waiting for the explosion*
:laff4

Completely correct there are really only two types of cars.

German cars and non German cars.

Rice burners will never compete with German excellence.

samir
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
Completely correct there are really only two types of cars.
German cars and non German cars.

I'm a bit more flexible than that, European and non European :D

gibbo91
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
But the price, buy a nice rice burner at an auction in japan then get it sent over here. Very little to make it road worthy then put it under rally registration, cheap and fast :twisted:

Proteus
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
This could be an interesting thread.... especially if I get my way in relation to a new car in the coming months.... we have one brand new rice burner in the family, however I am thinking of something small, and economical, that can maybe crush a German or Jap import...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Hummer

(although the potential offer of a '06 Beema 320i could be an option when the boss takes delivery of his new white '07 M3 (now that is a car with some kudos, 4.0L V8, 0-100 in 4.8 secs - unmodified engine))

...then again there is the Dodge 300c with a full blown Hemi in it.....

taksan
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 02:20 PM
But the price, buy a nice rice burner at an auction in japan then get it sent over here. Very little to make it road worthy then put it under rally registration, cheap and fast :twisted:

Yep ...its cheap and fast ...... and you mentioned its cheap didn't you?

Put it this way .... there are Eheims and there are Fluvals, Hydors and a few other Euros and there are a hundred other Chinese brands.
The only thing for sure is everyone who can afford it wants a Eheim.

Cars are the same, The Germans just work and go fast. The Italians,British and other Europeans perform well ... when they work. The Japanese cars can both perform and work but nobody in the right mind desires them as much.

I've had Porsche's, Aston Martins, many Mercedes personally and have driven as well as had practically everything in my extended family's ownership Ferrari's, Bentley Turbos even shock horror a few Honda's and a Celica GTR not to mention a friends Skyline GTR with over 900hp at the wheels and I'll say this about cars .... for a practical blend of speed, comfort, reliability and long term cost of ownership German cars are best.
That can be a Golf diesel or a Carrera GT .....

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 08:52 PM
Those who can see past the car badge can truly appreciate the car and its development.

Since its conception in 1964 to the bathurst destroyer of 1989, the car has developed a massive cult following like some of the classics over the years. A twin turbo, 4wd monster has never been so much fun to drive.

Sure a porsche, ferrari, wahtever is a lovely car to have.................. but its really not all about that.

ellwa
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 09:38 PM
R33 GTR :D

seriously though, a porsche 911 turbo eater. YES PLEASE!

/me goes down to clean the 33

Cuong
Fri Nov 02, 2007, 02:06 AM
Some cut/away pictures from the launch..

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w83/TougeTune/R35%20GTR/GTR5.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w83/TougeTune/R35%20GTR/GTR6.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w83/TougeTune/R35%20GTR/GTR7.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w83/TougeTune/R35%20GTR/GTR8.jpg

Cuong
Fri Nov 02, 2007, 02:08 AM
And like taksan, I'd prefer an Audi/BMW/Merc for something around this price tag (if I could afford it :lol:), but this is going to be quite a ball tearer.

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 02, 2007, 02:48 AM
Strange place to mount the oil cooler, i also thought they'd go for a "V" mounted intercooler, and a bigger exauset diameter (doesnt look much bigger then 2.5"), guess they want to keep the engine noise down, radiater looks a bit weak, hopefully they'll fix that on the production run

nicholas76
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 12:06 PM
The Vspec version is said to do 7:32's on that german track I mentoined.

In other words it will be faster than the top line porsche. Not bad for a car thats several hundred thousand dollars cheaper!

who need a zondah or mclaren! pfft

ellwa
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 07:33 PM
The Vspec version is said to do 7:32's on that german track I mentoined.

In other words it will be faster than the top line porsche. Not bad for a car thats several hundred thousand dollars cheaper!

who need a zondah or mclaren! pfft

maclaren :lol:

one of the earlier GTR's, I think it was the R34 I can't remember, smasheed the lap record at The 'Ring about 8 years ago. thus the R34 GTR VSpec NURII special.

/me dribbles.

I love the look of the new car, but I don't think the shape is as timeless as the look of the R33 or R34 Skylines.

I am also curious as to if they will release a tamer model, IE r3 GTS-t or the R34 GTT in a single snailed V6, or even the non turbo 6..

much restecpt to the entire new vehicle design. new engine and everything. tastey.

bring on sydney motorshow 2008 so i can get up close and personal :D