PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Pair

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
These guys have produced for me before but in the holding tank (340L with 20+ other fish) the fry never had a chance.

A massive thank you to Wayne at Xtreme for rushing this tank through for me and for providing the divider and to Taksan for selling me the 2217 filter. Tank is a 4 foot x 20" tall x 18" wide split in 2 with a removable divider. due to the color of the male i painted the sides and back off white. Filtration is via a 2217 with the flow retarded by 50-60%, a 36w uv is also used.

This pair also have a strange habbit of only laying on green eheim intakes, they never spawned on the fluval 404 or aquis 2400 pipes or any kind of cone (at least they have taste).

Dad is a pearl pigeon and mum is a "normal" solid tangerine pigeon. i got these 2 as freebies 3/4 dead from a mate "getting out of discus" (go figure).
enjoy
Jothy

nicholas76
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 12:25 AM
nice work jothy! look fwd toi seeing some development pics!! no pressure mate lol!!!

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks nicholas with Dads color i'm not to sure what chance they've got, thats as dark as i've ever seen him (theres not much peppering in him at all) I was also hoping that mums tail and fins would go black but as you can see they've only marginally darkend.

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 04:04 AM
Fingers crossed for you.

They look like very attentive parents :P

scott bowler
Wed Oct 31, 2007, 09:49 PM
good work jothy keep us posted mate ,

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 31, 2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks everyone, well wrigglers all gone, not such a bad thing, it gave me a chance to clean the tank and drop the water level, mum and dad looked like they were getting ready to spawn again this morning, this time they've cleaned a spot on the cone (trust them to now make me a liar LOL). this batch should be fine.

Erk
Thu Nov 01, 2007, 01:07 PM
Good Luck with them this time ILLUSN! They both look great! I really like the Mum

Hopefully you can send me a baby one that looks just like her soon! haha :lol:

Good luck! :D
Eric