PDA

View Full Version : How do you feed B/H mix ?

Billy
Wed Nov 10, 2004, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

I just want to know how do you feed B/H mix ??

1. Do you put the frozen piece straight into tank?

2. Let it defrost b4 put into tank ?

3. This is what i do, Take a few cubes out n put it in cooling part of the fridge let it defrost slowly, after feeding just keep on doing the same !!
But the b/h mix will turned brown!!

Or any other ways??

nag
Wed Nov 10, 2004, 05:11 PM
Hi Billy,

What I do is, take the cube and keep it out for 2 mins. As it starts softening, I'll break smaller chunks and feed them, the food never reaches the bottom...

When the discus start showing dis-interest, I'll stop immi. Whatever little is scattered, is finished-off by corys...

By this I accomplish two things...
1. Discus are fed to their stomach content
2. No leftovers; so no water fowling...

HTH,

ctvu
Wed Nov 10, 2004, 11:10 PM
Hi Billy,

What I do is, take the cube and keep it out for 2 mins. As it starts softening, I'll break smaller chunks and feed them, the food never reaches the bottom...

When the discus start showing dis-interest, I'll stop immi. Whatever little is scattered, is finished-off by corys...

By this I accomplish two things...
1. Discus are fed to their stomach content
2. No leftovers; so no water fowling...

HTH,

Hey that is a good idea, I always have to vac after b/h feed. I learn every day, thanks for sharing

Billy
Thu Nov 11, 2004, 12:55 PM
No one else want to share their methods ??

kalebjarrod
Fri Nov 12, 2004, 09:16 AM
mine are pigs

they eat it in 1cm x 1cm by 2mm squares

they eat it frozen, i used to thaw it, got lazy, no adverse affects, frozen it is :wink:

Escher
Mon Nov 15, 2004, 12:30 AM
When using commercially made b/h I used to cut the frozen cubes in much smaller pieces (on a chopping board) while still frozen, place in a cup of tank water for a minute, then pour the mix into the tank.
With the home made mix, fish had a bit of a problem to eat even the smaller pieces, so I was advised to use the coarser side of a greater; so now I just drop into the water the "shaven" particles which you can scatter easily; they are gone in no time! :wink:

africandiscus
Mon Nov 15, 2004, 12:57 AM
I drop mine in frozen and it looks like a school of piranha's. Finally the dust settles and the less aggressive get a chance to eat.