PDA

View Full Version : discus attitude

sadystikal1
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 10:14 AM
i have had a pair of pigeon bloods for about a month now and i have noticed that although their coloration is beautiful and seem very healthy that they are extremly shy, is this normal? they wont even come out to eat until i turn off the tank lights.

dwilder
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
are there only the two discus in the tank if so they will hide more better to have 5 or more and they'll come out more

samir
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 10:27 PM
no its not normal, if your water parameters are good and they are parasite free, they should eat out of your hands.

ILLUSN
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 10:59 PM
I have to agree with Samir, after a month they should be use to you and associateing you with food.

try worming them, normally helps getting them hungry.

sadystikal1
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 01:10 PM
i think it was my 7inch bala shark and the giant danios, i got rid of them and the discus now venture out a little more, i think they were freaked out by them. plus the compatition for food.

godprint
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 07:36 AM
no its not normal, if your water parameters are good and they are parasite free, they should eat out of your hands.

my discus looked perfectly normal, everything seems okay, but they r still al little shy...

what should i do??

spyderpig
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 06:24 AM
One way to draw out the shy discus is a school of cardinals (without any other tank mates). It works good.

My discus are eating in my hand but not the cardinals; however they are so close ( about 7 in away from my hand) quickly avoiding the discus. I wish they could eat in my hand!! :roll:

godprint
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 08:49 AM
One way to draw out the shy discus is a school of cardinals (without any other tank mates). It works good.

My discus are eating in my hand but not the cardinals; however they are so close ( about 7 in away from my hand) quickly avoiding the discus. I wish they could eat in my hand!! :roll:

wow!
yr discus r very friendly!!!!

wish mine were like that...
sob