PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sydney

Baro
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 05:44 AM
Hello,

I'm from Sydney, Hurstville. I have a 30 and a 370 litre tank. Interested in discus, especially greens in a "biotype" set up. Just begining to stock to 370 litre atm. Used to keep fish when I lived at home. Studied microbiology and genetics at uni and like to put into practice what I learnt.

Cheers,

Paul.

dam-mad
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 06:00 AM
Hi Ya Paul, You sound very qualified, good luck with the discus world, I have 9 and they a great fun!!

scott bowler
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 07:14 AM
hey baro welcome to the world of discus mate , you should have no probs , any question just ask always some one happy to help. happy reading and enjoy your stay

Baro
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 07:28 AM
The lfs near work is xtreme and they are very helpful. I will see how I go, there is one thing to have knowlegde and another to have the art/results. I will see how it goes. I've got a few tips from here before joining. Thought it was time to join a discus site rather than a general fish keeping one.

Seems like there is growing interest in greens from what i've seen on this site. Hopefully this wont inflate the prices, but rather encourage imports.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Cheers,

Paul.

scott bowler
Sun Oct 28, 2007, 07:34 AM
hey paul yeah the wlds are the go at the moment, so hope it goes well .
wanye and bec at xtreme are very helpful im sure they will do there best to help .
good luck with it mate

Merrilyn
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 03:46 AM
Hi Paul, and welcome. :P

Wild discus have always been popular, but it's only just recently we've been able to get access to good quality fish.

Hope you enjoy your time with us, and of course, photos of your fish are always welcome.