PDA

View Full Version : discus has white marks on tail and fin

arjones
Thu Oct 25, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hi, i just want a bit of advice really cos my two of my discus have white marks. They only have one each one has it on his tail fin the other on his pectoral fin. My first thought was fungus cos its defo not whitespot. I can't put on pictures at the minute but any ideas what it could be thats gr8. they're very small white marks but not any particular shape.
Also if it is fungus whats the best treatment cos i was gonna use pimafix but apparently discus dont tolerate it well. Would it be best to leave them as they seem healthy in themselves. Also no other fish seem to have it!
im not sure how it would be fungus though because as far as I know there isn't anyhting stressing them and the water qualities good. :?:
Any ideas are much appreciated

ILLUSN
Thu Oct 25, 2007, 11:47 PM
check your Ph and amonia, a sudden drop in ph can cause this as can an increase in ammonia, give them a water change and get some good food into them

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 26, 2007, 05:41 AM
This is often scar tissue on the fins. Nothing to worry about, as long as you've checked your water quality.

It can fade, but they will always have a small mark.

arjones
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 09:54 PM
thnx for advice. They are eating fine and very active so not too worried but these being my first discus i was a bit worried. My water quality is fine i do regular checks with regular water changes so i think it might be scar tissue especially seeing the biggest and dominant one is the one wothout any marks.