PDA

View Full Version : Eheim Pro 3e

Scotty Bils
Wed Oct 24, 2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye-ETO5m5NA

Hi guys,

Anyone using one of these filters? What are your thoughts? Is this one of those things where the first, that being an electronic filter, is prone to bugs? I would like to think not with Eheim.

I have a 280 litre tank and was thinking about buying one of these filters and setting it on a low speed.

If you think no to the Eheim Pro 3e then what would be the very best filter for my tank then?

Any feedback appreciated,

Cheers
Scott

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 24, 2007, 01:25 PM
pro3e are very high flow filters, if your going to use it on a low setting the 2228 or 2028 would be cheeper options.
both these filters have 7.3L of media v's 6.6 & 6.8 on the pro3e's and still push out a flow rate of around 600L/hour.
Dont get me wrong the pro3's are awsome filters and will have better resale then the pro1 or pro2 series. they are more flexable to in terms of operation (wave making fuctions if ever you want to go marine, prefilter for easy maintenance etc) but value for money the pro1 and pro2 are better.

2028 would be more bells and whistles with the easy prime function, but the 2228 is bullet proof.

Scotty Bils
Mon Nov 05, 2007, 09:51 AM
Bump.

Is anyone using the Pro 3e? What do you think? I am still keen on getting one for my 280 litre 4 foot tank..

Cheers
Scott :D

taksan
Mon Nov 05, 2007, 10:02 AM
I don't actualy own one but I've had experience with one and for a 280 liter tank I wouldn't be using it at anything other then full flow.
The electronic pump etc is solid and reliable as you would expect for a Eheim but they are hideously expensive and do NOT come with media and there have been rumors about leaks in the pump housing.

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 11, 2007, 08:01 AM
Now you tell me :roll:

Well I'm still pleased with mine.

Greggy
Sun Nov 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
Once again I totallt agree with ILLUSN - I seem to follow in is steps!!!!

I vote you go with an Eheim 2228 as they are relatively cheap (for an Eheim of this capacity), easy to maintain and as said above, bulletproof.

Anything bigger is likely to be overkill for 280 litres and any other brand simply does not have the quality, reliability or the reputation of Eheim.

Regards,

Greggy

njadik
Thu Jan 03, 2008, 11:44 AM
Hi mate, I owned pro 3e for a while in my 200lt tank, this beauty comes with an electronic control flow rate, start from one LED(lowest) to six LED (highest), i would recommend you to set the flowrate on 2-3 LED, which makes it slow to slightly medium.

I really recommended this filter if money is not a problem from you, been using it for almost 5 months without ever need to change the filter media/clean it, and my water parameter still run stable. when its time to clean it the filter will beep itself, to let you know.

This filter very quiet too, i used it in my bedroom, and it was silent. and it comes with EHEIM 3 years warranty. although the filter media might be little too expensive when it comes to replacing it.

Hope this help you in decising.....

peace