PDA

View Full Version : Discus & Rummy Nose Tetra

Hawaiianstyle
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 03:03 AM
They are not getting along very well. The Rummy nose was doing great until I added the Discus. Now I find like one a day dead. They seem to be missing their tales. I know a few people who have the 2 together and don't have these problems. :? I started with 24 rummy and the 2 discus and now I only have 20 rummy and its only been 3 days. Help! :( I cant lose anymore rummy nose! :cry:

ILLUSN
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 05:55 AM
sounds a little strange, i've kept rummy noses with discus for years without a problem, are the roses bright red? if they're not it might be a water quality issue.

if the fish were a little weak the discus might pick on them, usually they are way to quick for a discus to get near.

I notice from your signature you've got neons in the same tank, are the neons doing ok?

Scotty Bils
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 08:39 AM
I have 6 Discus and about 16 Rummy Nose Tetras.

I have never seen my Discus ever give them any trouble ever although the tetras have heaps of plants to duck in and out of. Do yours have anywhere to hide? If you feel it is the Discus that may be attacking them can they hide?

racefiend
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 01:32 PM
My discus are the same way. I put 20 neons and 10 rummy nose in with my six discus and now i'm down to 11 neons and 9 rummies. Its kinda funny though cause 3 of them sneak along the back of the tank and then dive full speed into the pack of them.

Hawaiianstyle
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
sounds a little strange, i've kept rummy noses with discus for years without a problem, are the roses bright red? if they're not it might be a water quality issue.

if the fish were a little weak the discus might pick on them, usually they are way to quick for a discus to get near.

I notice from your signature you've got neons in the same tank, are the neons doing ok?

Yeah its realy weird. The neons are doing god too and I also added Black skirts and they do fine also. I think it is getting better though cause all day yesterday no dead ones. :D I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Hawaiianstyle
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 10:03 PM
oh yeah their nose is bright red.

yeah I saw mine dive into the middle of the whole group and try to catch them that way.

Hawaiianstyle
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 06:32 AM
Okay they made up for yesterday (no dead ) and killed 3 today! :evil: :x

I don't know what to do........ I have no other tanks at this moment! Even if I did who would I take out. They are both pretty delicate and I wouldn't want to
kill any by moving them. What if I could get another tank what should I do? These are my two favorite fish! :cry:

Hawaiianstyle
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 06:36 AM
Okay they made up for yesterday (no dead ) and killed 3 today! :evil: :x

I don't know what to do........ I have no other tanks at this moment! Even if I did who would I take out. They are both pretty delicate and I wouldn't want to
kill any by moving them. What if I could get another tank what should I do? These are my two favorite fish! :cry:

Heres a pic of their tank. Any suggestions? Alterations?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/crystalcleancc/DSCN4502a.jpg