PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Male discus - breeding age (Sydney)

Ozboc
Sat Oct 20, 2007, 05:31 AM
Greetings - been told i may have 2 females in my tank , although they seam to have paired off , and one is laying eggs every other week ... so i need a male ....... anyone have anything ????

Boc

samir
Sat Oct 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
any chance of a picture of your tank, how long have you been keeping discus ?

Ozboc
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
Pic of my tank -- there is 4 discus in there -- 2 large adult fish --- and 4 plecos

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/sydneypumps/discus/PIC00614.jpg

More pics of my fish can be seen if you just shorten the address back to "discus' in the url

I have been keeping Fish now for about 10 years on and off -- last lot were chiclids...

i have had discus now for about 6 = 8 months

are you asking because you have a male for sale ???

i have a female that has laid about 70 eggs each time for 3 weeks straight now ... the fish that i am told is female does a pass over the eggs straight after the female has laid - i have seen a tube extended that looks different than that of the female and a little further down the body .... have ot seen any fluid come out ???

the eggs are usually gone by morning - even after i cover the front glass with newspaper - to provide privacy

i am in the process of obtaining a 3 - 4 foot tank for the sole purpose of breeding and raising the babys ....

thank

Boc

nicholas76
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 12:07 PM
Update your profile so people can see what part of the world you are from :wink:

Ozboc
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 11:32 AM
It was in the subject ---- (SYD ) = SYDNEY but will add it to my profile ... for those who missed it ....

samir
Wed Oct 24, 2007, 01:07 PM
are you asking because you have a male for sale ???

thought I had a male I could loan to you but I checked it properly and its probably a female :? Maybe Scott Bowler has one, he has heaps of discus.