PDA

View Full Version : HEATER???

kikoman
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 04:16 PM
my heater has a crack and I just throw it away!!!
what do u think is the best heater brand for my discus?
I got a 20 gal tank?

Mitch
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 02:16 AM
Sera make a good heater, they come with a three year waranty. Ive had my Sera's for 6yrs running at 30 degrees for the discus without a problem, i would highly reccommend. They can be hard to get a hold of in oz, not sure about the states. Generally the only way you will stuff a good brand heater is by letting it come out of the water, during a w/c. If you watch this you should get good life out of most heaters.

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 02:36 AM
JAGER HEATERS by eheim, 3yr warenty and can be re-calibrated.

JamezMan
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 03:12 AM
I think Jagers are the best.

apistodiscus
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
Totally agree. Eheim Jaeger, best on the market.

kikoman
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 03:53 PM
ohh thanks coz my heater crack when I'm doing my w/c????

kikoman
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 03:55 PM
I just wanna know? what do u mean by 3 years warranty? i mean if the heater was broken I can return it to the pet store where I got it? or i'm gonna mail it to the company???

samir
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
if it cracked because of something you did I doubt that warranty would cover it.

kikoman
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 10:19 PM
thanks guyz for quick response.... my mom bought me the jager eheim heater!!! hehehe.... tnx!!!

ILLUSN
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 11:29 PM
3 year warenty covers manufacturing faults, the jagers use duran glass (the same stuff all my lab equiptment is made of) it wont crack in response to tempreture.

Scotty Bils
Sat Oct 20, 2007, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDFbcd8kA0

As this video (link above) does not provide a huge amount evidence that the Jager heater is even on and what temperature both are set to and what temperature each heater has reached I can never be 100% sure about this video.

Without testing this myself, I still tend to believe it to be plausible with the heaters specs.

I use a Jager heater in my tank and would also recommend them.

Cheers
Scott

apistodiscus
Sat Oct 20, 2007, 09:20 AM
ohh thanks coz my heater crack when I'm doing my w/c????

Was it out of the water (even partially) when you did your water change? That might explain why it cracked. The glas got too hot since air does not take up heat as quickly as water. Always turn all electrical equipment off when you to a W/C or have your hands in the tank

kikoman
Sat Oct 20, 2007, 09:39 PM
yea... i guess so apistodiscus.... thanks for the advice...

scott which one is the jager and which one is the cheap heater???

Tommo
Sat Oct 20, 2007, 10:15 PM
The One That $h!t ItSelf Is The Cheap Heater