PDA

View Full Version : RWC

benjohnson
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 03:06 PM
Who do you fancy for the final ?? Being English I am obliged to support England, but I watched SA vs Argentina... blimey ! :shock:

Robdog
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
Considering they are my two most hated teams in world rugby, even though it kills me to say it, I'll pick the Saffers to bring the cup back to the Southern Hemisphere where it belongs.

I chuckled to myself tonight at the mention of the Rugby League World Cup. Hahahahaha! Rugby League and World shouldn't be in the same sentence. Just like calling the Superbowl winners the WORLD Champions. The game is only played in one country! Danny Weidler the twit

fiftycal
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 01:39 AM
Im going for the Saffers too.

I hate both but I hate england more...and I wanna laugh at my english friends

benjohnson
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 08:20 AM
Blimey, a lot of hatred for the English there , I hope that's just in a sporting context!!

Dan
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 12:52 PM
I to want south africa to win.

Even though I dislike eddie jones

I dislike england more.

Bet you the final will end up a kicking match cause of johnny

Robdog
Wed Oct 17, 2007, 04:05 AM
Not if the SA v Eng pool match is anything to go by. I'd like to see a Robinson v Habana race and then watch Robinson pick Habana's studs out of his back :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 05:03 AM
Congrats to the Springbox

Lots of kicking and kudos to Montgomery.

Good game :)

Robdog
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 06:06 AM
Good to see an Aussie (video ref Dicko) had a crucial decision that ultimately screwed England and the green and gold won the final in the end.

p.s I hate you Eddie Jones! What a traitor.

Dan
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hahah yea

Dun like Eddie jones either!

Did he leave or did he get sacked?

I'm not sure how long John Connolly will last.

samir
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 11:57 AM
was happy England lost and unhappy South Africa won :? bittersweet

Robdog
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 02:21 PM
Connolly won't last.
I am officially running for Wallaby coach until the next World Cup. I live in QLD now and that seems to be the right password to get the big gig even though anything or anyone with anything to do with the Reds hasn't been close to Super14 glory.

Wish me luck.

Dan
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 02:55 PM
U serious? :shock:

Wow Goodluck! 8-)

Anyone should be able to do a better job than Connolly :D

I never understood why he chose to sit Drew Mitchell out for the England V Aus match till the very end when he was our highest try scorer.

Speaking of Super 14!
The Force should definately do alot better this coming season.
Had a year to bond and get to know each other. Now its time for results :D

Robdog
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 03:26 PM
Speaking of the Force, my Wallaby backline will consist of Giteau at half and fly then Scott Staniforth at every other outside position.

samir
Sun Oct 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
you could make them do water changes to increase co-ordination.

Dan
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 07:03 AM
Force definately has the talent, we just need to perform and work like a well oiled machine :lol:

Dunno bout the wallabies tho.
Eddie said we were overpaid.
I reckon Torquri is overpaid for what he actually does.

And after this world cup we have a few oldies leavin so now room for more younger blood :)

Davo
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 12:50 PM
Great to see the Poms beaten. All they can do is kick penalty goals and field goals. The sooner the rules are changed re scoring the better.

Robdog, You can bag Rugby League but at least they can score tries.

This Rugby World Cup would have to be up there with the most boring month of football I have ever seen. The only good game involved Fiji and that was average.

Dave.

Dan
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 03:01 PM
I think they said it was the lowest try scoring rugby world cup.

Robdog
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 11:59 AM
Robdog, You can bag Rugby League but at least they can score tries.

Thanks Davo I will. Thugby League at most they can score tries.
After the RWC matches they freely interviewed props with totally understandable English the result.
After the Grand Final they interviewed outside backs that had trouble putting two words together, Greg Inglis comes to mind. And he is the "future" of rugby league??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

zar
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 10:34 PM
inglis is wasted at 5/8 i reckon..he was so good last season but since he switched to 5/8 he's been pretty ordinary..the grand final was probably his best game at 5/8. but hey, lockyer's first year at 5/8 was too flash either, inglis might come good next season.
yeah i hate listening to nrl interviews with players, i don't actually know why i still do, they all seem to have the same media coach.

a few typical answers:
yeah we knew they gonna come out pumped up after their loss last week, but the boys stuck in together and we got the 2 points in the end.
yeah we lacked composure in the second half but we got the 2 point which is all that matters in the end.
thurston's fav saying, and he says it every single time i've heard him speak and when someone compliments him on the match he had: yeah i thought our forwards were really great, i'm proud of the boys and they made my job a lot easier.
i get annoyed by it when i think about it...say something different guys, whats the point of even interviewing them...Willie mason's the only one who sometimes says something different.
the rwc wasn't bad, watching the wallabies lose was depressing, seing england lose in the final was good, but i don't like south africa at all so seing them win wasn't much better. union seems to be a lot more tactical than league and even though everyone complains about the penalties in union etc, the rwc games had more flow than a lot of NRL games.
i still like NRL better though. nothing beats origin

Davo
Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
Rob,

I did not know that you had to be a major in english to be able to play entertaining football, whatever the code. I could not give a hoot if Inglis or Wilkinson could not spell or add up.

The bottom line is entertainment. The RWC was not entertaining. Rugby is not a game played entirely in the ruck and mall. I enjoy rugby but not when teams continue to kick the ball out and never attempt to run the ball. When the bosses of the RWC change the points awarded for field and penalty goals the game will be better off.

Dave.