PDA

View Full Version : 2 new marlboro DISCUS

kikoman
Sat Oct 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
yahooo.... my sister bought me 2 new discus! and i think its a MARLBORO!!! hahaha.... she said she bought it in chinatown and it was a bargain....

for 2 discus.... its only $30 and its a diskette size!!!

but they still not eating and the other one hide most of the time!!!
the other one is sociallizing.... haha

nicholas76
Sat Oct 13, 2007, 10:28 PM
post a pic dude!

kikoman
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 06:53 PM
heres a pix!
poor quality camera phone!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/Bluec_8/marlboro.jpg

nicholas76
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 09:19 PM
$30 each?.....thats pretty good for that amount of cash!

nice one!

Andrew Soh
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 11:34 PM
They are not Marlboros, buddy..

They are Melons.

Take care,
Andrew :wink:

madasa
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 10:03 AM
They are not Marlboros, buddy..

They are Melons.

Take care,

And very nice red melons at that!

Andrew Soh
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 10:29 AM
Yes nice fishes.
Attached are pigeons I bought recently of Vietnam improved pigeon strains....totally no peppering on body nor fins...not even on caudal.

Take care,

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
Your sister chose very well kikoman.

You must be very pleased. Lovely fish.

Andrew, gorgeous fish. A lot of beautiful strains are coming out of Vietnam now.

Andrew Soh
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yes Merrillyn and thanks for your compliment,

These fishes were supposed to be from Thailand...the great Kitti...but now he has domestic problem...I think :wink: .....and has totally stopped discus.

These strains were once very popular in 1997 but because everybody condemned pigeon for the peppering on body, fins and caudal fin,...the pigeon price drop to dirt cheap. In fact, this strain of discus 'Pigeon checkerboard, won grandchampion in Singapore in the year 1998.

Around that period, Vietnamese breeders bought such pigeon from Thailand for their breeding program while the world rejected this dirty looking strain. After years of breeding and selective breeding, the coloration and peppering have improved. Now it is exported to Singapore and Malaysia and breeders/importers are making good money from these strains...(Pigeon Snake and Pigeon checkerboard). Many people renamed the imported and give a fanciful name to impress....and price advantage.

Unfortunately, many such strains with peppering were also exported here which to me is undesirable.....I don't like peppering. So have to be very careful when selecting.

I personally selected all without peppering...absolutely 100% without. Attach is another such strain turning into Pigeon Tiger.

ENJOY 8-) ABSOLUTELY NO BLACK PEPPERING...NOT EVEN A SPOT!!!

Take care,

kikoman
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 07:13 PM
woOw... I like ur pigeon blood discus andrew...

mine has a little peppering but its only monor... i mean very few.... COOL PIX!

nicholas76
Tue Oct 16, 2007, 09:34 PM
geez Andrew can you please send some south?

kikoman for that price yep its a good buy i think!

its the blackness in the fins which isnt great but who cares they look healthy and big.

for a comparison these were mine many years ago. The colour isnt perfect due to the flash,, id fault the male (right) as he had a slight tinge of black at the begining of the tail.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=357

Andrew Soh
Wed Oct 17, 2007, 12:39 AM
Yours is cleaner and much less peppering than KiKo's.

Nic, in fact, peppering counts a lot :shock: Compare a melon and a Red diamond.....you want to pay the same price for both?

Nick buddy, not a problem getting some to the south.....each piece about 10cm to 120cm cost about S$150.00 before freight and packing cost.

Maybe you can get cheaper elsewhere, but that price is for perfectly 99% no peppering.

Take care,
Andrew

samir
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 11:47 AM
each piece about 10cm to 120cm cost about S$150.00 before freight and packing cost.

I want the 120cm size :P :lol: :lol: :lol: . S$150 before export is still very cheap even for the much smaller 10cm one hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew Soh
Thu Oct 18, 2007, 10:48 PM
Ya, when you consider that they are selected peppering-free....

Cheap enough....and if you buy directly from Vietnam....maybe half the price?

Who wants?....I am taking order now!!!.....ha!ha!ha!

Take care buds,

kikoman
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 03:51 PM
Andrew? one of my melons or marlboro discus is having a slime coming out of his gils? what do u think it is? and what should I give him? he doesnt wanna eat anything since my sister bought it?

Andrew Soh
Fri Oct 19, 2007, 03:59 PM
Show some pictures, Kikoman....

From gill? My suggestion is oxidising the slimy stuff with PP treatment. That's my advice...

If not, add tetracycline in @ 2gm per 100 litre of water and maintain or lower pH to 6 or 6.5...for 12 days.

If they are in filtration system, stop system...
If they are in planted tank...remove gravel and plants.

Finally, if you don't want to put chemical or antibiotic....take out the fish and spray water on the gills to wash away the slimy stuff and put back into water.......(that's a joke...)

Take care, buddy

kikoman
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 06:24 AM
aaAAHHHHHHhhHHH someone help me!!!! they're not eating yet.....????

samir
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 03:27 PM
how many days ?

kikoman
Mon Oct 22, 2007, 10:58 PM
its been a week and a half...

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 01:16 AM
try some live brine shrimp

kikoman
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 04:25 AM
one of my discus died! i think of gill flukes and starvation... huhuhu

samir
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 04:55 AM
next time treat them, a medicated fish is better than a dead one. for the other I suggest you use metro, i use 500mg/40l twice a day for 3-5 days, the correct 48 hour dose is somewhere on the forum.

treat the gill flukes with praziquantel, day 1,4 and 7. do the metro first, after that keep you water good so you never have to use it again. there's enough info on your other thread.

nicholas76
Tue Oct 23, 2007, 05:09 AM
what are your current water specifcations?

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 24, 2007, 07:09 AM
So sorry to hear that kikoman.

How is the other one doing?

Is he eating yet?

kikoman
Thu Oct 25, 2007, 07:01 AM
yea.... I'm glada... everyone is eating now! just fed them today.... thank GOD!!! hehehe and why is my melon tryna pick a fight w/ my blue cobalt? hehehe I think he wants to be the dominant? hehe

Indigo D
Wed Nov 14, 2007, 05:59 AM
Hiks... just lost a pigeon like that this morning. It's been sick for two days.