PDA

View Full Version : my planted 6x2x2

barramundi
Fri Oct 05, 2007, 10:32 AM
Hi All,
Just an update on how my 6x2x2 is going ,hope you like.........John

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 05, 2007, 10:58 AM
Beautiful tank, and the fish are just stunning.

:P

fish_r
Fri Oct 05, 2007, 05:56 PM
tank looks good and some great looking fish http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/thumb.gif

A1 Aquarium World
Fri Oct 05, 2007, 10:45 PM
John,
tank and fish look great,I have seen this tank in person and whilst your pics might be good,It look's so much better in real life great job.

sammigold
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 12:09 PM
that is so beautiful!! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
those fish are gorgeous.

mr troph
Mon Oct 08, 2007, 05:37 AM
:D Fantastic tank and Discus.
Love it.

Todd

Ben75
Tue Oct 09, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hi John,
Mate the 6 footer just keeps getting better and better.
I agree with Darren, pics are great but when you see it for real
it awesome.
Keep up the good work.

axl
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 10:00 AM
hey, beutiful looking tank, can i have some specs on the tank, what base did you use, what sort of lights, co2 etc cheers, im in the process of setting up another 6ft planted discus tank.

axl
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
hey, beutiful looking tank, can i have some specs on the tank, what base did you use, what sort of lights, co2 etc cheers, im in the process of setting up another 6ft planted discus tank.

barramundi
Mon Oct 15, 2007, 11:37 AM
Hi All,
Thanks for the great comments, its nice to know what other discus fans think of my fish and set up.I must agree with Ben and Darren it looks so much better in real life,i look at this one of my setups more then the tv.

Axl their is nothing special to this set up as Ben would tell you he gave me a helping hand to set it up so he could see everything i did so he could have a go.It has 4x4ft powerglow tubes and 2x2ft doulbles for lights,3mm gravel @ 3inch deep,diy co2,fert tabs under the big plants and i use a liquid fert once a week.The filter comes from ASA and its a resun xtreme 2800 with an 11watt uvc with bio balls and ceramic rings and just some filter wool.I think the secret to growing plants is light the more the better but you have to get the right balance as you just get algae outbreaks.
Hope this info is of some help,thanks again for the comments.

john