PDA

View Full Version : Discus gone a darker colour

axl
Wed Oct 03, 2007, 11:44 AM
Hi,
I have 2 blue snake skins that have suddnley got darker and are hiding in corners. 1 of them had white stringy poo having out of it. Is this worms ??? and if so should i treat with prazi straight away. Ph is around 5.5 temp around 30, ammonium 0, nitrite, 0, nitrate 10ppm. There still swiming around fine and eating at this stage. Cheers Axl

ILLUSN
Thu Oct 04, 2007, 12:00 AM
sounds more like hex to me.

Merrilyn
Thu Oct 04, 2007, 03:15 AM
Axl, can you get hold of some metro from your vet?

You need to start treating them for hexemita straight away. Put the medication in food if they're still eating, otherwise you will have to use it as a bath.

Follow the instructions in this post:-http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2475

axl
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 05:26 AM
just finished the 3 day course and i am very impressed with how the discus look now, all there colour has come back and they are chasing around for food like they did before they got the disease. Its a great feeling i reckon when you heal your fish from a disease. Metro is a great product and easy to use.

ILLUSN
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 05:43 AM
Well done, Glad your fish are feeling better, it is a great feeling to see sick fish recover.

Metro is fantastic for Hex, but make sure you use it properly.
NEVER UNDER DOSE!

thats how bugs become resistant and good drugs become useless!

samir
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 06:00 AM
just don't get too trigger happy with the metro. The goal now should be to keep them in the condition they are in. This means regular water changes and absolutely no ammonia reading ever.

axl
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
I just checked the water in the tank that they are in and it come up wth very high ammonia levels so i have rtansferred them back into the main tank. Very lucky they didnt ammonia poisoning