PDA

View Full Version : FS: Breeding Setup

goldenpigeon
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 06:09 AM
G'day everyone!

I have regrettably decided to sell one of my breeding set ups due to having less time to spend on it and moving house in the next few months. I personally designed this set up and built it from start to finish. So you know it's quality ;)

Quick overview:
I started this project early 2007 and only completed it about 3 months ago. It consists of 2 breeding tanks which are filtered by a monster sump. The system holds approximately 550 liters (from memory). All materials and equipment etc. are all new and were purchased by myself, excluding the tanks which previously belonged to a good mate of mine.

I have broken the system down to each of its components as there is a lot of information for me to include:

Cabinet -
~ 600mm (W) X 1070mm (L) X 2320mm (H)
~ Professionally made
~ Made of melamine board
~ Very strong and sturdy
~ Approx. 8 months old
~ Great looking unit

Lights -
~ 2X twin fluorescent lights
~ 620mm long (2FT)
~ Mounted to the cabinet
~ Both lights have switches for them located on the left and right sides of the cabinet on the middle tier
~ Wiring is neatly held to the cabinet with cable clips so there is no loose wiring at all

Tanks -
~ 2X 380mm (W) X 450mm (H) X 900mm (L)
~ 25mm holes drilled in the top left and right corners or the back glass pane, also in the back left corner of the bottom glass pane
~ Both tanks have cover lids and have a 10mm Styrofoam base
~ All faces painted white except front
~ Black corner strips on tanks
~ Very nice silicone job
~ Both tanks are approximately 1.5 years old, one has held water for about a year, the other only since i have has the set up running

Sump -
~ 460mm (W) X 460mm (H) X 900mm (L) [3FT X 18In x 18IN]
Yes I know the sump is bigger than the tanks :) I do overkill well
~ Matrix style
~ Great silicone job
~ About a year old, held water 3 months
~ Has acrylic lids

Plumbing -
~ All plumbing included
~ All plumbing and bulk heads were purchased this year
~ Strainers are included

Equipment -
~ 11W Pondmaster UV steriliser, purchased this year from ASA
~ Sedra Pond/Tank Master KSP-4200 Pump (4200L/H)
~ 2X twin fluros (mentioned above)

I can supply a couple of 300W heaters if required (I am currently using 2) however I would prefer to keep the heaters for use in other tanks. If buyer wants heaters I'll work something out.

Filter Media -
The sump is currently full of media. I'm using Aquaclay Balls, Filter Wool, Course Sponge (at the bottom to hold media off floor) and Seachem Matrix. I plan on keeping the matrix however here is a list of what I will include with the set up:

~ All filter wool, there is a lot of it and the spare wool I have
~ Both sheets of course foam
~ About 8L of Aquaclay Balls
~ Bio Balls

I havn't yet decided on a price because i have to work out approximately what i paid for the set up, although I'm sure it was over $1000. I am happy to be negotiable on price but will not tolerate people giving stupid offers. Please express any interest here or via PM.

Pictures to follow.

Pick up will be from Ashmore on the Gold Coast. I can possibly assist in transport for a small fee.

Cheers
David

kinezo
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 07:04 AM
I personally designed this set up and built it from start to finish. So you know it's quality

:roll:
lol

goldenpigeon
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 11:56 AM
haha Kinezo buddy!
How's it going mate?
Long time no talk!
Catch us on msn some time bro!

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 11:58 AM
I know you put a lot of thought into the building of this system David.

Sorry to hear that your're selling it.

Kinezo ..... play nice or else :whip

:wink:

goldenpigeon
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks Merrilyn :)
I have learned an incredible amount from this set up!
I'll be sad to see it go but I can't keep it for now.
This will be replaced by a bunch of tanks run on sponge filters so its easier to move around if I have to.
My dad is planning on purchasing a house in the next 12 months so when that occurs ill be setting up another of these but with at least 10 tanks.
I look forward to playing around with that.
Hopefully I can get my hands on a digital cam so i can take some decent pics of it.

Kinezo is just a little sharp as i havn't sent his last 3 birthday presents to him :lol:
My garage is starting to fill up :lol:

Cheers
David