PDA

View Full Version : somebody's reds

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 09:56 AM
reds

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 09:58 AM
ph is 4.0 :shock: dropped the ph to induce spawn.

Xtreme
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 10:43 AM
Nce fish Samir,

Looks like there r some lighter eggs amongst the others
or is it my eyes :shock:

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 10:47 AM
Looks like there r some lighter eggs amongst the others
or is it my eyes :shock:

Yes its your eyes, they are fry not eggs :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xtreme
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 10:52 AM
Ha good point
How many did u get out of this batch?
The male looks good in his colors
Best of luck with the next batch mate
Hope the % is much better for you too :P

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 11:35 AM
next time i'll suck out all the black eggs with a usb vacuum cleaner. I think thats the best option .
what are the odds that they will have the "trademark" white ring that "only the true albino rgd's" possess :P :lol:

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 11:54 AM
**** your a funny man samir

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:14 PM
your rose reds would have that ring if they threw albinos Illusn.

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:21 PM
mate, if ever i get my wrigglers past day 2 i'll let you know.

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:28 PM
mate, if ever i get my wrigglers past day 2 i'll let you know.

what's the problem ???

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:37 PM
bloody parents keep eating them then try to spawn again, dont think dad is all that great cant seem to get more then 16 ish wrigglers out of 250+ eggs.

Tank stats
24x18x18 (125L) back and sides painted light blue.
filtration white sponge filter (200L/hr air pump turned down to 50L/hour during spawning)
ph=5.0
KH=0
GH=80ppm Ca2+
NH3/NH4=0
N02 =0
NO3<5
temp=30C
10% changes daily with 28C water,
50% change at evening before a southerly change to induce spawn.

Diet
Beefheart morning + night (7am 7pm)
colorbits ~6pm after work
live spirolina fed brineshrimp ever second morning.

Water is aged for min 48hrs ph reduced by HCL, filtered through carbon and zeolite (changed weekly), dechlorinated with seachem SAFE.

to be honest mate i dont know what else i can do

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:46 PM
is the male doing his runs over the eggs ? maybe he is not mature enough ?
maybe skip the zeolite. use sera fishtamins. deworm them with levimasole.

current should not be that much of a problem, i get 40-50 wrigglers with the cannister running full blast. :?

ILLUSN
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:53 PM
yeah mate he's doing his runs but i sware he only does runs over a patch or 2 where as she lays all over the cone.
will take out the zeolite (it's only used on the water aging barrel).

fish were dewormed 2x with levimenisole, 2x with prazi and given a dose of metro (2g/100g food for 5 days) before going in to the breeding tank. will worm again once their done eating this next batch of wrigglers. will add fishtamins to the beefheart mix and get back to you in the next spawn or 2.

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 01:23 PM
don't bother with the worming if you have already done it. the fishtamins should definitely help. he's probably still learning the ropes.

if shé's laying all scattered give her a thin pvc pipe instead of the cone. that should force her to lay bunched up or she could just lay on the tank walls :lol: :lol:

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 12:01 AM
thanks mate, laid again last night and this time I've caged them, just want to see how many fertilised eggs i get.

what do you think about artifically raising them (say on milk powder, egg yolk, bbs) if they keep eating wrigglers?

forrest
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 05:22 AM
hi samir,
those r some nice ones,thanks for sharing n good luck to your venture.

rgds,
forrest.

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 06:43 AM
Samir .... well done mate :thumb

samir
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 10:47 AM
what do you think about artifically raising them (say on milk powder, egg yolk, bbs) if they keep eating wrigglers?

if you get enough wrigglers they probably wont eat them. do they eat them after a water change ?

got about 15 albinos Wayne. have to figure out something better. they seem to be a day behind the others. some are still not free swimming. I'll scrap this lot and try something different.

ILLUSN
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 12:57 PM
not always mate , they did with the first lot, the second lot i left them and they still ate them.

samir
Tue Oct 02, 2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks forrest and Mez :P .
Forrest , I saw some pics of your fish on a US site. Good to see that you're doing well. When are we gonna see a fish of yours win at Aquarama ?

Illusn, I can't think of anything else. maybe they are just inexperienced. give them some time, hopefully they will get it right.