PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Footy Grand Final

fiftycal
Sat Sep 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
Thats right, Rugby League (yeah union is better but it isnt as much of a local team competition).

My team is out (PARRA EELS), so im gonna go for Manly, since they are the only Sydney team in the grand final. Against Melbourne, I will go for any Sydney team, except for the bulldogs cos I hate the bulldogs.

If Melbourne wins, then im naming my bristlenose catfish "The Storm", because its damn ugly and it poops alot. If Manly wins, im not gonna do anything. Either way Im gonna get drunk

Who's going for who, and what are you all getting up to for it? My parents are having a party on sunday night, but I am gonna put it up on our projection TV and drink away. If people dont wanna join me then stuff them!

norto
Sun Sep 30, 2007, 01:18 AM
Fiftycal,
You have got to be joking union is better, I would rather watch grass grow than watch union (way to many penalties and kicking for my liking) but each to their own. You will go along way in this world to find a better game than league.Anyway thats my rant I'm going for North Sydney Bears in premier league don't really care who wins first grade my team was out a while ago.
Regards,
Norto.

Proteus
Sun Sep 30, 2007, 05:01 AM
I am just about to walk out the door and head out to that big ugly concrete jungle also known as Telstra stadium.

I hate both Manly and the Mexican Storm, so I hope the Ref gives em both plenty of stick, sends a few to the bin and basically blows the pea out of the whistle.

Other than that, I hope Peachey has a blinder in the VB Premier league GF for the teddy bears, and I wonder if one of the parachutists will get stuck on the roof again like last year... oh, the trophy is being delivered by a Black Hawk again, just like in '05 (the year of the Tiger... grrrrrrr)... other than that, I am not a designated driver, so they should get to know be by first name at the bar by nights end...

Go the referee :P

Kingkat
Sun Sep 30, 2007, 06:34 AM
Since the Cowboys and Broncs are out we are going for the mighty Storm with it's 2 local lads Slater and Johnson. Sportsbet seems to think its a done deal as they are paying $1.40 for Storm and $2.90 for Manly.

Robdog
Sun Sep 30, 2007, 07:08 AM
Go the Tigers in '08!

Proteus
Sun Sep 30, 2007, 12:21 PM
Go the Tigers in '08!

Here, here...

Glad the mexicans won tonight after all the boo hooing from the Manly wannabe's after there puppet of a fullback got crunched in a legitimate tackle by Slater & Croker... what a bunch of sooks

Bretto
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 06:38 AM
Wish I had of known you were going Ro.

Mighty Melbourne Storm won 24 games this year, which is more than any team in 100 years.

The only player to have come from another team to Melbourne with any sort of wrap was Crocker, the rest are all products of the Melbourne Storm recruitment system. Slater, Smith, Ingliss, King, White, Falou, Cronk, Hoffman, etc. The list goes on. A mighty effort from a club many said had no right to exist (Denis Fitzgerald you are a goose).

I had a ball exept for the drunk imbecile sitting behind me who insisted on yelling "carn the chookies" every 30 seconds. Fortunately he fell asleep at half time.

Go you mighty Storm.

Well done boys, let's get 'em again next year.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Bedouin/P1010178.jpg
One of the superstars of the game, and some other bloke. I think he said his name was Billy :ug

Proteus
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 09:06 AM
Unless I am mistaken looks like you were somewhere around isle 103-105 (not far from where I was perched...)

Gotta love them chunky premiership rings.... looks like Billy was winding up to sock it to you....

Chookies... shoulda been the Tigpies.... lol

Regardless, it was a good match, and it was good to see Manly get steamrolled... actually, did they even turn up?

DiscusWidow
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 07:04 AM
Hey I was in 109... Glad Manly lost they suck

Proteus
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 07:28 AM

lol.... there you are...

Bubbles
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 09:11 AM
Hey all,

I like most, don't need an excuse to drink, give me Apistogrammas any day - I can watch Apistogramma's all day & drink at the same time & @ home. He he he.....

BUT........each to their own!!!!!!!!!!

Proteus
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 09:15 AM
Who said anything about having a drink??? :wink:

I was as sober as a judge at games end... (didnt help that the bar lines were 10-20 deep at all times)

Bubbles
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 10:51 AM
Leave the poor Bristle Nose Cat out of this one Fiftycal, I thought Beauty is supose to be in the eye of the beholder. :evil: :evil: :evil:

fiftycal
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 12:27 PM
This has been a horrible few weeks of sport for me. All my teams have lost

Aus out 20/20 world cup
Aus out of Rugby world cup
Manly lost
Holden didnt even get a podium finish

sad :(

DiscusWidow
Sun Oct 07, 2007, 02:46 PM

lol.... there you are...