PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question

coco
Thu Sep 27, 2007, 06:49 PM
hi everyone , if i had a breeding pair with lots of peppering on them will that be on all of the babies

cheers coco

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 27, 2007, 07:43 PM
More than likely.
MAC

ILLUSN
Thu Sep 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
yep

coco
Fri Sep 28, 2007, 04:50 AM
ok cheers thanks

Hassles
Fri Sep 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
What is it specifically / precisely about peppering that is so obviously frowned upon ? I ask as I have seen a number of motley discus which have been peppered and they look pretty neat. I recently observed an adult orange and white (no stripes at all) discus at a LFS that was randomly peppered AND a near identical juvenile in the tank. Personally I thought they looked really neat - no where near as good looking as discus with their common vertical stripes etc however but neat anyway.

ILLUSN
Fri Sep 28, 2007, 11:38 AM
they look great in a bare bottom or non planted tank. in a planted tank they tend to darken up ALOT, and to my wife thyey look "mouldy". other then that theres nothing wrong with them and some of the reds, orange and pearl colours they get can look quite stunning.

forrest
Sat Sep 29, 2007, 07:51 AM
hi everyone , if i had a breeding pair with lots of peppering on them will that be on all of the babies

cheers coco

hi coco,
a breeding pair with lot of pepering doesnt mean that they going to breed out offspring with lot of peppering.

on pigeon genetic,some clean pigeon discus will turn out lots off peppering while they starting to spawn,that is bcos they need to darken up their body to attract fries to attach to them.some r still clean during breeding time(depends on the genetic) but for sure they will get dirtier when the fishes getting older.

just my own opinion here n i could be wrong.if the pair that u r having r from the same brood,by inbreeding them may get cleaner juv in future.

rgds,
forrest.