PDA

View Full Version : A DRUG THATS GET RID OF PEPPERING PERMINATLY??

clinny_d
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 11:10 AM
heyhey
im very new to discus fish, only bought my fish a couple of weeks ago. i did the really stupid idea of not researching disucs fish untile after i bought one.
anyway i bought one with a lot of peppering but the guy and the store told me "no thats only because theres a lot in one tank it will completly go away" bulls%1t!!!
i was talking to "somone" and they said there is a drug that will get rid of peppering complelty all it takes is 30 mins in a bucket, but it only removes it fromt he one fish it wont remove it from the gene code. "the somone" also said it was illegal in australia and thats why no one can get it.
does anyone know anything about this???
cheers

samir
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 11:24 AM
i know of some that get rid of peppermints permanently.

Ness
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 11:24 AM
bleach?

clinny_d
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
im not sure, i really would like to know, cos the discus i have is really peppered, and its not that nice.
"the somone" said it was a white powder.
does anyone have any?

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
I think "someone" was telling you a tall tale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't believe everything you hear.

samir
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
I think "someone" was telling you a tall tale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't believe everything you hear.

i swear the peppermint part is true :lol: :lol:

clinny_d
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:06 PM
samir how do the "some" do it?
and does it work?
is it bleaching?

taksan
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
Listen to this ..... and TAKE IT IN

THERE IS NO DRUG THAT GETS RID OF PEPPERING !
Its GENETIC ....

Whoever told you that was either making fun of you or is a certified idiot.

clinny_d
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:23 PM
LMAO AHHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nice one. yeah i wasnt sure, thats why i asked.
but ont he contrary(cant spell) cancer is a genetic mutation and some forms of it are able to be removed......

samir
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:24 PM
samir how do the "some" do it?
and does it work?
is it bleaching?

bleach will get rid of both peppermints and peppering.
a heavy dose of bleach will turn your discus white, the minor hiccup being that it will also turn dead.

clinny_d
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:31 PM
lol hahahhahahah
well i dont want a white discus (even tho some do look nice) and i dont want them floating either lol

samir
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:32 PM
they dont float when you bleach them, they sink right to the bottom.

clinny_d
Sat Sep 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
lol ok , learned from experiance??

Ness
Sun Sep 23, 2007, 03:50 AM
a fish is dead for quite awhile before it floats. samir got the joke

fiftycal
Sun Sep 30, 2007, 04:12 AM
LMAO AHHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nice one. yeah i wasnt sure, thats why i asked.
but ont he contrary(cant spell) cancer is a genetic mutation and some forms of it are able to be removed......

Peppering isnt really a genetic mutation. Pigeon blood is a mutation, which means it has peppering instead of bars. This means that peppering is genetic, kinda like eye colour for humans. Peppering can be lessened by selective breeding.

samir
Mon Oct 01, 2007, 12:04 PM
if you can get your hands on a true golden discus with transparent tail, you can cross with that to reduce peppering. for the red melons and marlboro you can use a brown with clear tail.

nicholas76
Sat Oct 13, 2007, 10:37 PM
if you can get your hands on a true golden discus with transparent tail, you can cross with that to reduce peppering. for the red melons and marlboro you can use a brown with clear tail.

its easier to use bleach.

I personally prefer to black ones Rytis was breading anyway.

samir
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 05:44 AM
I personally prefer to black ones Rytis was breading anyway.

:shock: :shock: Rytis' discus are too expensive for the ordinary hobbyist and there is a buyer approval system in place.

You have to be an "advanced aquarist" to even be considered. You must also be in possession of a yearbook signed by Brilliant, and own at least three pillared porticoes and two hydra cultures.

Robdog
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 08:50 AM
...not to mention your tank should be plumbed via submarine pipeline to the junction of the Amazon and Rio Negro so that your water quality is exactly ph2.85 which is the ONLY way to keep discus properly.

nicholas76
Sun Oct 14, 2007, 09:00 AM
LMFAO --- you guys kill me... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: