PDA

View Full Version : Shivering & Shaking

DiscusNoob
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 11:59 AM
It seems like my supposed female white butterfly is doing alot of shivering and shaking of the body and seems to be shivering at an 45 degreee angle. She look's really bloated/fat and isn't interested in food. She/he use to be the biggest eater out fo the lot. I only got her/him a month ago nearly and she/he is about 9cm+. Is it possible for a spawn already? When shivering occurs does this mean they're courting or ready to spawn?

Here some pics.

45 degree angle
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m106/ThugAngel515/DSC00130.jpg

Big stomach
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m106/ThugAngel515/DSC00129.jpg

samir
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
they usually face upwards when its time to spawn.

DiscusNoob
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
Then what is mine doing? Reverse spawning.... :shock:

And thanks for such the quick reply.

DiscusNoob

samir
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 12:31 PM
looks more like headstanding. is the water cloudy or just the pic ?

DiscusNoob
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 12:36 PM
It's just the pic. But just before I saw my discus spitting out a whitish liquid/substance. It may of been from what it was eating.

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 02:40 PM
In courting, they usually flick their fins and shake to each other, then bow. So is there another fish in the vicinity facing her, or is she doing it alone?

DiscusNoob
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 09:47 PM
She was and still is doing it by herself. Could my discus be sick??? :?

benjohnson
Wed Sep 19, 2007, 10:31 AM
My female discus will face down like that when she is producing eggs . I can normally guarantee she spawn by the time it takes from her pointing her head down exactly like yours is doing , to when she lays eggs, normally a day or two later. Bizzarre behaviour and not one everyone else experiences i'm sure, but she's done it so many times now that im 100% certain its fool proof :-)

DiscusNoob
Wed Sep 19, 2007, 10:59 AM
Well its now back to normal and its stomach is now of a normal size. I was starting to get worried. I saw it do a frontflip! But its back to normal now so I'm happy.

Thanks for all the help guys.
DiscusNoob

clinny_d
Sat Oct 06, 2007, 04:28 AM
2 of my discus do the shivering thing to each other, but yet, one of them still picks on the other from time to time