PDA

View Full Version : Check this discus!? it's disgusting...

kikoman
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 05:16 AM
anywyz sorry about the subj. I just wanna get ur attention!

My pigeon blood has a white spot on its tail?
is that something to worry about?
any treatment regarding this?
and one of my cobalt has 1 white spot on its side!? it looks like a wart? but its so small!

i'm new to keeping discus so i dunno anything?
I already change the water (50%)
they're eating a lot of liveworms
they're not hiding and they have brilliant colors!

anything that I could do with that white spot? pls. tell me!
sorry for the pix quality! i took it form my cel
thank you so much!

madasa
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 05:44 AM
I couldnt see anything and if the fish appears unaffected then I would leave as is - might be lymphocytosis (cauliflower like growth) which can flare up when a fish is stressed. You cant cure it but you can make it go away and become dormant till the next time, which you do by removing the stressor.

If more white spots appear on the main body of the fish or the white spot looks like fungus then you will need to treat. Unlikely to get whitespot because of the higher temp discus are kept in.

Any probs - respond but just observe for now.

kikoman
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
coz' i've read a lot of article about it and it may due to neon tetras disease?

I've read about it and it has the same sign&symptoms w/ my neons... all my neons are dead now! I think they have that disease! the description from the article is the same as mine!

so i'm really worried about it! coz' MAYBE my discus got this disease?

i'm exaggerating thing i'm just worried about my discus! <<< i'm paranoid

madasa
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 06:44 AM
It has lots of colour and is swimming and eating normally - you have nothing to worry about IMO.

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 08:08 AM
Discus don't get neon tetra disease.

Relax. Your fish look fine to me :P

sammigold
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 08:09 AM
Kikoman, it is definitely not Neon tetra disease.... Like Nick and I said in your other post... it is probably nothing to worry about... (don't you believe us?) lol

Like madasa said "lots of colour, swimming and eating" are all signs that everything is fine.

as I said in the other post, a varied diet and good water conditions will get rid of these little dots which are most probably little fatty deposits.

RELAX!!!!

cheers
sammi

kikoman
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 04:17 PM
i'm sorry i'm just worried about my discus... u know what new keepers like? we tend to find a lil thing that we shouldn't worried about... I'm really sorry sammi, merrilyn and nicholas.... u 3 are the best! hope everything will be ok!

kikoman
Tue Sep 18, 2007, 04:18 PM
Kikoman, it is definitely not Neon tetra disease.... Like Nick and I said in your other post... it is probably nothing to worry about... (don't you believe us?) lol

Like madasa said "lots of colour, swimming and eating" are all signs that everything is fine.

as I said in the other post, a varied diet and good water conditions will get rid of these little dots which are most probably little fatty deposits.

RELAX!!!!

cheers
sammi

tnxs pipol for all the help!

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 19, 2007, 03:17 AM
Don't worry Kikoman. We've all been new discus keepers and we know how you feel :P

Discus are tough, much tougher than we realize. So long as we provide them with the right conditions, lots of water changes and good food, they will sort out most of their health problems all by themselves.

But it's good that you are an observant fishkeeper. That way you'll get on top of things before they come a problem. After a while you seem to develop a sixth sense about your fish, and you know something is wrong just by glancing at your fish and observing their behaviour for a few moments.

This is all a learning curve, and believe me, you never stop learning.

Good luck and enjoy your fish :P

sammigold
Wed Sep 19, 2007, 06:41 AM
Kikoman,

I am with Merrilyn. You dont have to say sorry for caring about your fish. There are too many people out there that dont.

As you learn more, you will become more confident.

Dont ever worry about asking a question, however silly you may think it is. It is only silly if you dont ask it.

Everyone here is here to help and encourage you in your discus keeping. Have fun and enjoy them. They are beautiful fish that you have there.

cheers
sammi

kikoman
Wed Sep 19, 2007, 09:46 AM
aww... thank you guys!!! can't w8 to feed them wit my beefheart... props for merrilyn for the recipe! hehe

djceri_g
Thu Sep 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
Hi, you sound just like me in this topic! When I had neon Tetra Disease i was so so worried about my discus! And any little thing that appered on her body I was paniking!! But hey, that was months ago and my discus is still going strong. All I an say is CHILL! haha,