PDA

View Full Version : Betta

DiscusMad
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 04:40 PM
Can discus and betta live with each other????

jim
Mon Nov 08, 2004, 01:22 AM
I tried...they are ok with each other....
Male betta never bother my discus..only pick on fish it's own size....sometimes

jim
Mon Nov 08, 2004, 01:30 AM
one problem with my betta...it ate too much...I think it die due to too much food....(you know how much you will feed 12 discus)

nicholas76
Mon Nov 08, 2004, 06:23 AM
when i first started with discus they shared a 4 ft tank with my male fighter.

fighter was ok just as long as the discus never went to his part of the tank . The discus knew to stay away from that corner or they would get a peck.

luvmydiscus
Mon Nov 08, 2004, 06:58 AM
I have a male betta and a female betta in my tank with my discus. All seem fine, the betta is scared of the discus but there is no aggression. My female which you are not suppose to have them together unless breeding these two are in love and I don't think they know what fighting is all about.

I used to breed bettas and would never do this but these two are buddies and there is tons of plants for them to hide in as well.

Normally I would not have bettas in my 25 gal but my two other males bettas died so I took that tank apart and put the only male left into my 25 gal. Lovely fish but very short lived. Mine eats from my fingers :lol:

good luck... :lol:

luvmydiscus
Mon Nov 08, 2004, 06:59 AM
Jim, is that a fountain plant I see in your tank? If so do you find them easy to grow in normal lights?

:D