PDA

View Full Version : blue diamond

q2w3e4
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 05:14 AM
hi i'm troy i'm new to discus i'm getting one blue diamond discus off my mate for $40 and am wanting to know if it's a good strain and price the size of it is this in diamiter hope to say hi to you all soon ok then bye
(------------------------------------------)

luvmydiscus
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 05:29 AM
Welcome Troy, I am new to Discus as well. They are extremely beautiful fish. No matter what color you get I think they are all beautiful. Good luck and post a picture of your new fish when you get it.

:D

weird
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 05:59 AM
Blue Diamonds are certainly one of the most popular strains ...
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=641&highlight=favorite+favourite

parasite
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 09:59 AM
Welcome to DF troy , where are u from ?? strains are a matter of personal choice and prices vary depending where your located.

ctvu
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 10:09 AM
Welcome to df Troy! Blue diamond was my first favourite. Good luck for your first discus.
see you around

weird
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 11:58 AM
The choice of discus is so amazing ... I remember the first discus I bought was in Indonesia for my brother in law was a red scorpion, which I called matahari which is the malay word for sun.

Back in Oz, 5 months ago , the first 2 I bought here was blue diamonds ... stunning ... then tangerine pigeons ... now I have red marlboros ... and even though I really want red melons ... will probably get a pattern like turqs or leopard ... wow ... truely amazing the varieties this fish comes in ... as pokemons say "got to collect 'em all"

flukes
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 01:59 PM
Blue diamond is a good strain too start with, cant really coment on the price as i dont know trhe size of the fish.

Try get a size if you can, in a lfs you can get a 5-6cm blue diamond for $40.

faewyn
Sun Nov 07, 2004, 03:43 AM
Hi Troy, I think Rod Lewis from www.lewisdiscus.com has Blue Diamonds from $30 each for 5cm.

sunshinediscus
Sun Nov 07, 2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks Jess,

yeah blue diamonds for $30 5cm body size. 7cm for $50 aussie bred. I also import hi body hi fin red eye diamonds from Singapore sometimes and they are around $50/60 for 5cm, they are not your average pet shop grade blue diamond however and are good value despite the higher price.

Rod

www.lewisdiscus.com