PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP ASAP WITH FRONTOSA!

n5762715
Wed Sep 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
Hey guys,
my male frontosa has a white lump pertruding under his hump, like in shape to that of a pimple. Its twice the diameter of a matchstick head and about 2-3 mm high. Please help with any advise what this may be and how to treat it as I have never had any fish with any illness.
thanks heaps
chris

Merrilyn
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 03:45 AM
It sounds like the beginning of Hole in the Head disease Chris.

I don't know much about frontosa, but I do know that discus and eartheaters and oscars can get it.

Seems to be a problem with larger fish, and some believe it's diet related, caused by a lack of vegetable matter or certain vitamins and minerals in the diet.

The problem with hole in the head is that it usually (but not always) goes hand in hand with an intestinal disorder called hexemita. This results in white, jelly like droppings and a lack of appetite.

If this is a valuable fish, then I'd begin treating with metro (which you will need to get from your vet) and at the same time, add some vitamin drops to the water.

Read through this post and it will give you instructions on how to dose with metro or flagyl. http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2475

samir
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 05:49 AM
what is your ph ?? is it a blister ?