PDA

View Full Version : Remembering 9/11

Xtreme
Tue Sep 11, 2007, 01:56 PM
For all those who lost their lives R.I.P and the families related, we hope you are doing well.

"I hope in some way that in this 21st century of ours where everything is expected yesterday and our attention span is often less than the length of a 30 minute Sitcom.

We will never... NEVER forget the cowardly and demonic act that was perpetrated against our country, our freedoms and thousands of innocent lives."

I for one will never forget.

samir
Tue Sep 11, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'd like to remember the 5000 odd people that are killed in India, every year, by terrorists but are conveniently forgotten.

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 11, 2007, 03:37 PM
Yes Samir, there's a lot of injustice in the world.

Terrorism in all it's forms should be condemned.

Xtreme
Wed Sep 12, 2007, 03:22 AM
I am sorry Samir, I feel for every innocent lost soul in this world.

goldenpigeon
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 06:05 AM
i would like to remember the 1000's of innocent and good Iraqi people affected and killed in the Iraq war. Those whose lives have been torn apart and destroyed over power, control

................................ and oil

samir
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 06:53 AM
some estimates put it at half a million civilian deaths, after 2003.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6040054.stm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,232986,00.html

There is no justification for killing innocent civilians, whether in the name of religious fundamentalism or oil driven genocide.

I feel sorry for the 9/11 families as I do for the innocent people murdered in Iraq.

goldenpigeon
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 07:11 AM
dont get me wrong, i feel immensely for the victims of 9/11

but we all too often forget about everyone OUTSIDE America.

i believe there were around 3000 deaths as result of 9/11? one child dies every three seconds in Africa (or maybe its the world? cant remember?) as a result of malnutrition, no medicine etc....

im not religious myself and i have no preference but we all too often group muslims as crazy psychopaths who ALL want to bomb everyone... i know of many muslims who are very nice, kind, gentle and incredibly generous people, who even admit there are several people who have taken the religion to mean the complete opposite of what its true meaning is...

America have virtually slaughtered hundreds of thousands of people around the world even though they supposedly live under christian belief... "god bless America.."

then again, in America there are many very kind, decent people who i would happily associate with.

i dont want to start a huge debate at all and i dont want this thread to get out of hand, because there is no right answer to anything i guess. i just want to raise the issue that we seem to cry so much over the loss of 3000 American people (not that they are worth any less than any other human being on this earth, we are equals) but we forget about those hundreds of thousands of non-American citizens killed each year.

i guess i should end that there.

gingerbeer01
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 10:21 AM
I understand the feelings expressed for all lives lost needlessly - but guys - this was NOT a religious war - this is not about the muslims or any other racial group. This was about a group of nutjobs that decided to crash planes into buidling to kill the innocent. Nutjobs can be any race or religion - still makes then nutjobs.

Wrong deaths elsewhere should be treated the same but I do feel it is disrespectful to the dead from this event to say yeah but what about..kinda like making excuses.

Steve

samir
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 12:01 PM
This is what Ronald Reagan called those "nutjobs"

"The tragedy of Afghanistan continues as the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters persevere in standing up against the brutal power of the Soviet invasion and occupation. The Afghan people are struggling to reclaim their freedom, which was taken from them when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December of 1979."

"The resistance of the Afghan freedom fighters is an example to all the world of the invincibility of the ideals we in this country hold most dear, the ideals of freedom and independence."

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45/278.html

The gentleman responsible for 9/11 was one of those "valiant and courageous" freedom fighters, on an all expenses paid (by the people now hunting him) "holy war" . You reap what you sow.

geez enough of this, i'm making a beeline for the political forums
:lol: :lol:

Xtreme
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 01:11 AM
I think that we are all in agreenace that Terrorism, mass murder and any loss of innocent life is sad, not needed and gutless.