PDA

View Full Version : TANK WAR

DiscusMad
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 02:59 PM
Well it all started with my Snake Skin having a growth spurt and then battling for position of boss with the red turq and Snaky won.........for a week. :lol:

Now today I saw the Ocean Green has had enough of all the bulling and had a go at Snaky and now is the boss of the tank.

The whole time today the others were above the plants side by side in the tank watching the whole fighting below. Don't need to bring back the roman fights in the arena I have had it at home! :lol:

luvmydiscus
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 10:08 PM
I know what you mean, that is why I only have one plus an angle fish. I thought that same thing, "I only want a community tank with two nice angel fish". Ya right, the chances of a pair, not very. But it happened, the male was so aggressive that I had to get rid of him as the female whom was the prettier fish would have a chance to live. They (discus and angels) are true cichlids and they sure can show it.

No actually, Discus are very hard to get here as the LFS don't stock them due to the demand for them. So I was very lucky and very happy to get the one I have. One Discus one Angel = no fighting ( as of yet). All is very peaceful. I just hate watching the fish fight.

What size of tank do you have?

Good luck to you.... :D

weird
Thu Nov 04, 2004, 11:19 PM
DiscusMad, time for a second tank maybe ? Place the Red turq in one and the snake skin in another ? Can never have too many tanks !

DiscusMad
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:08 PM
DiscusMad, time for a second tank maybe ? Place the Red turq in one and the snake skin in another ? Can never have too many tanks !

Hmmmm.........another tank...........

Well............ found this old Tv on clean up day and thought that would look exclent as a tank............... how can I light it now with a hight above the tank of 1 inch............. found a 3 set spot lights I could put in it for $69..........

well it will be big enough for two discus because I'll be making the sides longer as well........

Let you know how it all goes!

africandiscus
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 12:15 PM
Can never have too many tanks !

Tell that to my wife :lol: