PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea CO2 Pro System - has anyone used this system?

n5762715
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 01:33 AM
Hey,
I was looking for a little system to run on my 250l future planted aquarium. This one seems to offer a package of everything at a decent price. I am wondering if I need anything at all else to run the co2 to my tank and if anyone has used this unit before and was it any decent?
Thanks heaps
chris

fiftycal
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 05:15 AM
I have the same needle valve and bubble counter/check valve as the Pro system, but I use a different regulator and diffuser.

I dont like the check valve/bubble counter. When I turn off my CO2 for over 12hrs, there is a considerable amount of water that has moved back into the hose. Once I left it off for about 40hrs and there was some water in between the check valve and the needle valve, which means the check valve did a piss poor job of making sure everything went 1 way.

IMO, the Pro system is good value, and I would buy it if I was doing CO2 again. I have heard that people arent satisfied with the supplied diffusers though, which is why I bought a Tunze diffuser. If I did it all again, I would have gone with an inline external diffuser.

You may want to buy a solenoid too. I use a red sea one, which seems to be working alright.

ILLUSN
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 07:08 AM
I've had 2 red sea bubble counters leak on me, one like fiftycal described, the other at the seal. however i find the inline needle valve the best i've ever used in terms of fine adjustment

dynamixcoder
Wed Nov 14, 2007, 04:20 AM
it has its defects but its a decent system... i already had a full CO2 paintball bottle so... kudos to me!

i find it cheaper to refill than other methods of CO2.

i agree with illusn the valve is great for fine tuning but you might wanna check into another bubble counter because they will leak and psi will drop,
not to mention water backfeeding into the air lines when you turn the system off at night.

my friend has the improved version and i have to admit its not bad.

diveboy
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 12:26 PM
I agree

I've got this system and just replaced the diffuser with a hydor turbo diffuser. getting better results.