PDA

View Full Version : Wild caught Tanganyikan cichlids for sale

finlandaq
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 11:29 AM
Hi All,

The following fish will be available for sale in store 2 weeks from 27 th September (After the quarantine period). All fish are wild caught from Lake Tanganyika.

All tropheus 8- 14 cm All Mobas 15 -18 cm

Tr Brichard Katonga $95 each

Tr Kaiser Ikola $90

Tr Red Cheak Mpimbwe $90

Tr Red Rainbow $90

Tr Sp Black Kaiser Kiriza $90

Tr Red kaches $90

Tr Caramba $90

Tr1 kaiser $90

Tr Kaiser Katoto $95

Tr Kachese Yellow $90

Tr Ilangi $95 each

C Frontosa Blue Moba ( will advise the price next week)

Gobies Congo (will post the full name next week)

Thanks
Rav

Finland Aquarium - Melbourne

finlandaq
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 11:31 AM
Here are the conditions of sale with some Q & A's
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologise in advance for sounding like a solicitor (No Offence to any solicitors out there J ). But I am trying to avoid any misunderstanding by any one.

Ordering Fish
Q. At what point do we get a firm per fish price. Ie before we order or after they get here?
At the time of the ordering I can only give a price indication. For example I might say all Tropheus 8-14 cm size for $85- $100. When the shipment arrives and during the quarantine period of 14 days some of the fish in the shipment could die making the average cost of a fish to go up marginally. To cover these losses I might increase the price between that ranges of $85 to $100.

Since I do not accept deposits towards the fish from any of my customers, if fish prices go up and if you do not want to buy the fish I will offer the fish to some other customer. No worries!

Payment methods
Q. Do I have to leave a deposit for the fish I ordered?
Q: What is your payment system i.e. do customers pay a deposit, pay up front or pay when they pick the fish up etc?
Q. Do u expect us to pay a deposit for the fish or to pay on receipt of fish?
No. I do not accept deposits.

You pay the full cost of the fish ONLY when you buy the fish. For interstate customers, this will be at the time of placing the order. Example when the fish are imported and released from quarantine and ready for sale (Shipping interstate).
Please note I urge every one to carefully consider affordability and Tank space prior to ordering these fish. If I order fish and the person did not buy them I will have to find another buyer who can afford them, and you all know there are not many people out there who can afford to buy Tropheus colonies. I am hoping that people here will not abuse this service I offer.

Q. What are the payment methods?
Full amount should be deposited to Finland Aquarium (ANZ) Bank account. I will only ship the fish once the amount is visible on my account. Please note this could take 24 hours from the deposit time.

You can also come and pay Cash, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, AMEX at the store

Fish availability

Q: What T variants do you think you will have access to in the coming months? I understand this may be hard to answer.
I will post a full list as soon as my supplier send it through.

DOA Claims

Q: What is your policy regarding dead fish whilst being shipped or in your care, especially if a sum of money has already been paid.
Since I do not accept any deposits for the fish at the time of ordering them this question is not valid.

Q. What happens if the fish arrive dead (DOA) - is it just our bad luck or will u get replacement fish for us from your supplier?
Same as above question. (No Deposit, No worriesJ ). However, if the fish you ordered died during my care. I will endeavour to get them in the next shipment, of course subject to availability.

Q. DOA claims for Interstate shipping.

DOA claims are only for 24 hours. Claims should be made with in 24 hours with a Photo of the fish sent to the nominated email address. When taking the photos the tail fin of the fish must be cut off to prove the fish are dead.

NO DOA PHOTOS NO DOA REFUNDS.

The fish should be picked up at the nominated (by the purchaser) Airport with in 8 hours of arrival. If the fish are not collected with in 8 hours of arrival we will NOT honour the DOA claims.

Shipping interstate & pick up from Store

Q. You are situated in Melbourne so how do u intend to get the fish interstate? What carrier will u be using and how much would shipping cost on top of the cost per fish?

I can send fish all over Australia via Australian Air Express to be collected at the nominated (By the purchaser) airport. They are the leading perishable delivery service in the country and are very reliable.

I can not advise the exact cost of the freight as this depends on weight, size of the box and the destination. Rough estimate would be $40 - $110.

Q. Would you be able to also include costs for shipping to Sydney or all major cities?
And if there's a bunch of us getting these imports from Sydney maybe we can organise splitting the shipping costs, when it goes down.

I strongly advise people to get together and organise a shipment interstate as this method will be more cost effective. However if the shipment and delivery cost is shared among few people I need the payment in full including the cost of freight prior to sending the fish from all parties. The sharing of the cost of freight must be decided between the parties involved, not by me (Finland Aquarium).

No Minimum quantity. However please consider the cost of freight.

Please note shipping date is at our (Finland) discretion; however I will consult the purchaser prior to sending the fish to ensure fish can be picked up at the nominated Airport.
The fish should be picked up at the nominated (by the purchaser) Airport with in 8 hours of arrival. If the fish are not collected with in 8 hours of arrival we will NOT honour the DOA claims.

Treatment for Fish

Q. Do u intend to treat new arrival wild caught fish in your quarantine with some prophylactic antibiotics like metronidazole?
I will approach this on a case to case basis and as advised by my supplier.

Importing of Illegal fish

Petrochromis Trawasse and Petrochromis Sp.- I can only import Petro. Trawasse. I will not import any Petrochromis species as they are not allowed by AQIS. I do sincerely apologise for posting incorrect information.

Please do not request me to import any illegal fish. I will not import any fish that are NOT in AQIS list as I could loose my license to import fish and could even end up in Jail ( Now that’s a scary thought)!

Male & Female Ratio

I will do my best to send 1 M to 2 F ratio. However I do not guarantee this as for some species such as Tropheus sexing methods may not be 100% accurate.

Additional females ( 1 M 4 F ) can be sent at an additional fees of $25 a female (Subject to availability)

I hope I have answered all the questions here and apologise again for making this sound like a contract. Just wanted to avoid any misunderstandings.
I do appreciate the support and the interest shown by every one and hope I can continue to offer these beauties to you all. I hope you all understand that I can only import them if people are buying them of me, therefore I would appreciate any business I get via world of mouth ( Best form of advertising ).
I have previously tried to promote Wild caught Apistogrammas species and got burned out as there are only a small number of hobbyists who would buy them.
Thanks everyone!!!
Rav

Finland Aquarium
Melbourne

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 08, 2007, 02:27 AM
Are you getting any wild caught altums in this year Rav.

I think a few members would be interested.

finlandaq
Sat Sep 08, 2007, 09:29 AM
Hi Merrilyn,

Yes. Expecting a shipment of Altums next week. Fingers cross.. hope they will survive.

Thanks

Rav

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 09, 2007, 02:43 AM
If they're from the same supplier as last year Rav, save ten for me please.

I'm going to set up another altum tank. The sixteen I got from you last year are fantastic. Best I've seen.

finlandaq
Sun Sep 09, 2007, 11:01 AM
Hi Merrilyn,

My supplier advised the Altums will only be ready for next shipment. I will have them with in the next month.

Great to hear the fish are doing so well. Any chance of posting pics of your Altums in the DF?

Thanks

Rav

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 09, 2007, 11:53 AM
The angelfish forum is full of photos Rav, but I can always be talked into posting more piccies. :lol:

Just for you Rav .....

finlandaq
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 11:45 AM
wow..

pretty impressive.. you have done a great job looking after them..

can I have them back now ..lol

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 12:03 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm gee Rav ...........................tempting but NO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

finlandaq
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hi All,

I received the fish yesterday. They are all very healthy, only 4 DOA's.

I will post some pic's here when the fish settle in the tanks.

No Altums in this shipment.

Thanks

Rav

finlandaq
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 11:33 AM
Here are some pics of the Mobas and the gobies.

The Gobies are Tanganicodus Irsacae and $48 each.

There are 2 sizes of Mobas. 12-14 cm are $250 each

and 15- 18 cm are $325 each

finlandaq
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 12:02 PM
Moba's

finlandaq
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 12:03 PM
Feeding on Miso shrimps

finlandaq
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 12:05 PM
A school of Moba's

finlandaq