PDA

View Full Version : what is goin on!!????

uh oh discus
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 07:14 AM
hi all. one of my discus is wasting!! :( it lost its interest in food for about more than a month and its getting thiner. the other two are eating almost everything i put in the tank. i feed frozen blood worm, brine shrimp, and tectra fish food. the water quality is good and so are the params. any idea what is the reason that it is not eating?

benjohnson
Thu Sep 06, 2007, 12:23 PM
Sounds like he has worms to me, you could try some flubenol if you have it or if your in Oz I think they use a thing called Sykes Big L Pig and Poultry wormer. The instructions are in the Illness and Medication section

Hope that Helps, although if hes been like it a month i'd say his days were numbered anyway and it may be too late :-(

uh oh discus
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 05:52 AM
cant be worms. becuase i used "de-wormed" them by using medications already.

benjohnson
Fri Sep 07, 2007, 07:28 AM
Ok, is it getting bullied by the other 2 to the point it isn't getting any food ? If thats the case try dropping food at both ends of the tank to give him a chance to get some.

uh oh discus
Sat Sep 08, 2007, 08:06 AM
nope, the trio gets alone really well. not fighting what-so-ever.

scott bowler
Sat Sep 08, 2007, 10:01 AM
uh oh discus hi could you give a pic for us if it is wasting away there could be a few things it could have it could have a bug in its intestine, has it past white poo,or could be hex there are a few others what is your water

uh oh discus
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 03:12 AM
thanks for all the replies. well my discus started eating again. i think it was becuase i fed it tubifix a while back upsetting its stomach. now it returned to its orginal color and started eating food again.

dntx5b9
Thu Oct 11, 2007, 06:16 PM
I have had few discuss that stopped eating for a while and started eating again without any treatment. Sometimes, it almost seems as if they are fasting for some reason. Is this pretty common for discus?

psychoactive
Fri Oct 12, 2007, 01:09 AM
maybe they were observing rammadan... hehe