PDA

View Full Version : Black Discus

Taz Devil
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hello

This morning all of my discus looked fine. However when I got home this afternoon one of my discus was black and seems to have a little bit of white slime on him. Also seems to lie on his side occasionally or have his nose in the air.

Is this discus plague. I have attached some pics of him normally and what he looks like now.

On saturday, I added a new plant and two new discus. Little Turks.

Could someone please help. After reading about discus plague, i don't think he will pass away, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I am about to do a 50% water change.

Cheers

Adam

Taz Devil
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 10:32 AM
One other point

water condition is fine. temp 30 degrees. gotta love living in the tropics

ILLUSN
Mon Sep 03, 2007, 01:09 PM
hows your ph? if you can slowly begin to lower it. if you added 2 new fish and then this one got sick I'd be thinking plague, is he still eating? if so get him onto the metro before the bacteria and fin rot set in.

Taz Devil
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hi All

Sad to say that he passed away today. He seemed to be getting better as well.

Adam :(

ILLUSN
Mon Sep 10, 2007, 11:50 PM
sorry to hear that mate, I had the same thing happen when i introduced my rose reds. He was a nice looking fish, maybe next time you add some new fish you could set up a small quarentine tank and give them a round of metro or octozin.

metalman
Mon Sep 17, 2007, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hijack, I to have a fish that has become just like this one. All others are healthy, and have just finshed a course of metro. It seemed to develope right at the end of the metro treatment. she has very red gills and they seem to be coming out more when she breaths. Is this gill flukes mabe? she also has a white dot on her backside, Im not sure if she is passing food or not, but I dont think so.

ILLUSN
Mon Sep 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
could be a reaction to bad water quality, whats your ph nh3, no2 and no3? try a big change (90-200%) and try a bit of salt. if shes having trouble breathing try adding some meth blue or protozin.

Prive
Sat Oct 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
just put it in the freezer mate.

JoeDiscus85
Sun Feb 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
sorry about that