PDA

View Full Version : horror start with Aqua One CF1000 Canister - Plz Help

zar
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 08:58 AM
Hi all

I've recently bought a 2nd hand setup including an aqua one cf1000 canister filter. I've never had a canister filter before but this one has surely frustrated the hell out of me.

The first time i connected it, water started leaking on the taps that connect to the filter, i went and bought a first set of taps, only one of the taps was good, so i went back and bought another set to have two new taps. The problem did not go away, plus the filter seemed to leak water when working from the housing somewhereon the bottom..
when i saw that i checked the housing, filled the filter overnight and next morning there was no leaks, which lead to the conclusion that it leaks under pressure or when its filtering only..no cracks or so can be seen on the housing it looks perfect, To be on the safe side i bought some eroldite and covered/glued the edges on the inside of the canister.
i also replaced the sealing ring.

After all these repairs i decided to test it in the garage on my standard size 3f5x15x18 tank, worked fine for about an hour no leaks.

so i decided to take it in the living room, put it in the cabinet of the tank, connected everything up and the leaking started all over again. :-s , especially on the OUT tap, the water kept leaking, small drops..This tank is 66cm high, the tubing is sort of squeezed a bit behind the cabinet but not a great deal, i dont know what makes it different to the one in the garage where it worked witout leaks....
did anyone have similar troubles or could anyone give me some advice on what to do or try out?

thanks
zar

samir
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 09:08 AM
put vaseline on the o-rings

Greggy
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 02:57 PM
Put an Eheim canister filter under your tank! :)

In saying that I run an Aqua One 2450 canister filter on my 6x2x2 together with an Eheim 2228 canister filter. In terms of build quality there is no contest... the Eheim is in a class of its own and is a class above.

However if properly set up the Aqua One filters should do a good job. I use Eheim media in my Aqua One 2450 and I think its doing a great job (albeit much louder and much more power power hungry than my Eheim)

Regards,

Greggy

zar
Sun Sep 02, 2007, 10:26 PM
thanks guys,

i knew the "use an eheim" advice would come.. :)
at the moment i've got an internal running in there which hopefully should do the job anyway, but it'd be nicer to get the canister going. I dont have money to spend on a new canister really, so i wanna try get this going, i really don't see why its not working with that tank..
i'll follow samir's advice and lubricate the oring, and see what happens. At the moment it's the out tap that always leaks which is really annoying, maybe i should make the OUT tube shorter than the IN tube, but that really shouldn't matter i think...i'll keep you posted on what happens.

thanks