PDA

View Full Version : My new pair from BT Gunner

ILLUSN
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 05:33 AM
Just thought I'd share a photo or 2 of my new pair of turks.
I Got these of BT Gunner Dad is a Brilliand blue turk and mum is a Red turk, they're in the quarentine tank at the moment (120cmx45cmx40cm tall) which is also doubling as a growout tank for some of my baby Sword plants. not sure if the eggs are fertile, with an aquis 2400 and an eheim 2217 as filtration in addition to 2 400L/hr air pumps I'm not sure how much of a chance dads little boys have of doing they're job. still very pretty fish I'm happy.
enjoy!

Jothy

Erk
Fri Aug 31, 2007, 01:29 PM
They look great ILLUSN!

Good luck with them! I hope they do well for you! :D

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 31, 2007, 01:53 PM
You've got a lot of white eggs there, which means they're infertile, but you do still have a few orange ones. As you suspected, I think there's way too much current in the tank, but even a few good eggs means you have a fertile pair, so congratulations :P

ILLUSN
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks Eric and Merrilyn, yeah with about 2800L/hr flow i dont think theres much of a chance, they ate the last batch after a day (I did a water change its a QT tank not a breeding tank I keep telling myself)), they've just laid again this time on the far side of the spawning cone away from the current, after 48hs 80% of eggs are bright orange, we'll see how we go i expect that if i get wrigglers they'll end up sucked up by one of the 2 canisters.

BT Gunner
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 12:25 PM
great to see ILLUSN :)

i definitely had wrigglers in my 10ft tank with this pair, i never move the pair to a tank to breed as i had no time!

hope you get heaps of babies!

Erk
Sat Sep 01, 2007, 04:15 PM
Good luck this time ILLUSN! :D

Glad they chose a spot with the least amount of flow on their own! 8-)

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 13, 2007, 04:26 AM
update!
lost the feame, i think sh burned herself on the heater in the tank, when i found her she was dead and FULL of eggs, her breeding tube was extended, but she had burn marks on the side of her body and on her underside.

if anyone has a spare female blue turk for sale that looks good to breed drop me a pm, dad still looks fantastic but cant seem to find a mate in the comunity tank :(