PDA

View Full Version : WTB Apistogramma Hongsloi Form II Male

TW
Wed Aug 22, 2007, 01:20 PM
Hi there

Does anyone have a spare Apistogramma Hongsloi Form II that you'd be willing to sell. I have a lonely female in the market for a husband.

If willing, pls let me know your price. Thanks in advance.

Th0mas
Thu Aug 23, 2007, 01:38 AM
Hi TW,

What's Form II looks like? Can you post a picture or reference to one?

Thomas.

TW
Thu Aug 23, 2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Th0mas

I will have a look a little later to see if I have a pic of him. But I also think you have seen him in real life. I posted on your hongsloi thread & when I described that the pair had only just arrived in the LFS & that they were still in individual glass jars, I think you said ou saw them.

I'll try to post a picture soon though.

TW
Thu Aug 23, 2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry Th0mas, I don't have a picture of him. He had some nice pink colouring to his underbody. Sorry I can't give a better description.

I googled & didn't really come up with a pic of Form II. They were mentioned here & there, but no pictures.

I'd love to get hold of a male, if I could.

Cheers,

Th0mas
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
Oh - that pair. When I saw them in that little container, they were quite stressed out and didn't leave much impression on me. I really don't recall what they looked like.

TW
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
He was actually a very pretty male, once he settled down in the tank. Very nice natured too. Continually displaying to the female, but never being overly aggressive.

Sad to lose him. Well, it doesn't sound like you have any leads for me?

Th0mas
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
Just managed to dig the good old Aqualog out and had a look at what "Form II" looks like. It seems to have a fair amount of red on the lower part of it's body, which is quite different to the one I currently have.

Given you know who only brought in a pair of this and that into the country irregularly, it would be quite a challenge to replace. Try and check with them and see if they can source you a replacement (pretty certain they'll do this - after all it's business).

BTW - do you know the cause of the male's death?

TW
Sun Aug 26, 2007, 02:17 AM
Thanks Th0mas

No I don't. He seemed to be doing ok (nice natured too). As I was treating my new discus tank with a preventative worming course of meds (Big L x 1 week, Prazzi x 2 weeks, then Big L x 1 week), I decided to treat my 2 apisto tanks as well. I have no idea if his death was related to that, but the treatment caused no other deaths in any tank. I even have aspistos in the discus tank, and they sailed through just fine.

I can't think of anything else though. He just started breathing heavy and that was the end in a few days.

I have UV sterilizers on order and I hope this helps out with future apistos.
Thanks for the advice.