PDA

View Full Version : At last!!

Bald_noggin
Sun Aug 19, 2007, 07:17 AM
Here's some pics of my new friends.

I hope you enjoy them!

They have only just moved in so I'll take some more photo's later when they have settled.

scott bowler
Sun Aug 19, 2007, 07:42 AM
not to bad Bald_noggin nice fish i would love to see a full tank shot when you settle them in hehe

nicholas76
Sun Aug 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
I second that, would really like to see the aquascape.

Bad Inferno
Tue Aug 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
Baldy wheres the tank shot !

cheers rob

Bald_noggin
Tue Aug 21, 2007, 11:53 AM
It looks a bit sad a the moment because my SAE has taken to the plants I think he has to go. I'll take some shots this weekend and get them up here for all to see.

Cheers,
Col.

Bad Inferno
Tue Aug 21, 2007, 12:15 PM
Its good to see average tanks, makes us all feel OK that not everybody's tank is 100% all the time especially before you go out and buy more plants :lol:

Bald_noggin
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well, here's a widescreen shot of my entire tank. Once I get rid of my SAE, I'll be able to grow my plants a little better. I hope you like the tank.

Col.

scott bowler
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
Bald_noggin
looks nice mate good work

Bald_noggin
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Scott. I'll do some 'highlight' shots in the next couple of days as there are some pieces of driftwood and 1 rock in there but you can't see them in that shot.

nicholas76
Fri Aug 24, 2007, 11:27 PM
Now that is %^& HOT!!!

Bad Inferno
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 01:52 AM
Bald-N

How many litres
how many bags of eco ?
What filtration
And what T5 lights are you running ?

Oh by the way, not to forget the most important thing, It looks really really nice with the black background and "clean" lines...

Great work

Bald_noggin
Sun Aug 26, 2007, 12:51 AM
Cheers for the kinds workd BI.

The tanks about 680 litres. There are 6 bags of 9.2Kg Eco Complete (55.6 Kgs total) It gives about a 2-2.5 inch deep sustrate. There are also 2 40 Watt Red Sea Substrate heaters. The filtration is a sump/trickle filter setup with CO2 injection and a UV-C sterilizer. The lighting is a T5 setup. So far it totals 216 Watts but I still have to wire in the third ballast which will take it up to 324 Watts in total. The third ballast will only come for about 4 hours to simulate bright mid-day light. And as you know, the T5's are dimmable and are controlled to simulate a 30 minute sunrise and sunset. Some time in the near future, I'll program in a mid-day cloud feature so it will dim the lights to simulate clouds floating over head increasing and decresing the light levels.

Anyhow, here's more 'select' pictures.

Enjoy :D
Col.

Bald_noggin
Sun Aug 26, 2007, 12:55 AM
Opps, I hit submit instead of Add Attachment, oh well!