PDA

View Full Version : EOI Trophy Discus Book

Xtreme
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
We had delivery today of a awesome new Discus book.

Was wondering if any of you would be intrested in getting your hands on one?

They will retail for approx $49.95 or perhaps cheaper, depending on how many people are intersted. It is excellent quality, and a must have for the Discus Enthusiast.

Product Description

This book celebrates the beauty of discus. For enthusiasts, it provides pinpoint advice on what to look for in selecting show quality discus and how they are judged in competitions. For breeders, it offers suggestions on how to improve existing strains and pursue new ones. With over 270 color pictures, it is also a photo journal of Trophy Discus. 128 pages, hardcover.

About the Author

DICK AU (California):

Has been an active aquarist and discus enthusiast for over 50 years. He credits his ongoing success in raising and breeding beautiful discus to keen observation, patience, and practice rather than relying on measurements and formulae. In addition to being a veteran speaker and show judge, he is also an accomplished author. His book, Back to Nature Guide to Discus, has been published in 7 languages and distributed around the world. He also contributes frequently to various aquarium magazines.

FRANCESCO DENITTO (Italy):

Obtained his Ph.D. in fundamental ecology at the University of Lecce (Italy) where he is currently employed as a marine biology researcher. During his long time experience with the aquarium hobby, Discus has been the top of his fish breeding skills. He regularly lectures about the World Underwater and has published hundreds of articles on Discus for Italian and international magazines. Francesco is the founder of the aquarium association Gruppo Acquariofilo Salentino, which organizes the Mediterranean Discus contest. He judged discus shows at the Aquarama in 2005 and at Singapore s Tetra World Discus Championship in 2006.

SUN SEE SENG (Singapore):

Is a family physician by profession. He has been keeping discus as a hobby for the past 30 years. As the founder and president of the Singapore Discus Club from 1987 till today, Dr. Sun contributed substantially to the hobby as a writer and lecturer on discus, and is one of the most experienced discus show judges. Apart from the Aquarama show in Singapore, he has evaluated discus competitions in Taiwan, China, Australia, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Germany.

Publisher: Cichlid Press; 1 edition (June 1, 2007)

Please leave all expressions of interest here.

Thanks

Rebecca

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 12:41 PM
Count me in for a copy.

Any book by the three top men in the discus industry would be well worth reading.

dachoo
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
With over 270 color pic, put 1 for me bec.

DA

samir
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
I'll be number three

scott bowler
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
i will go one to guys

ivo
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 02:23 PM
if you have these books in the shop already then i would like one please.

Xtreme
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 02:27 PM
It is currently an EOI, if enough books are wanted, they will be here in approx 2 weeks.

Cheers :)

ivan
Fri Aug 17, 2007, 10:06 PM
one for me thanks

madaboutfish
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 01:53 AM
Interested in 1 too

Ness
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 10:43 AM
+ 1 here

Tommo
Sat Aug 18, 2007, 04:14 PM
Yes Please :D

King
Sun Aug 19, 2007, 06:39 AM
if you get some i will take 1. pm when you get it

ta

Xtreme
Tue Aug 21, 2007, 06:23 AM
Any one else want one? I wil be making the order on Thursday if so.
Can all those who have orderd one, please contact the office to organise pre payment.
Please also advise of your phone number and address for shipping if required.

Book is $49.95 and shipping will be $5.00.

Or you may pick up in store.
You will be contacted once the books arrrive.

Thanks

Rebeccca

02 9526 6105

samir
Wed Aug 22, 2007, 10:18 AM
:shock: I'll drop by to pay tomorrow.

Xtreme
Thu Aug 23, 2007, 09:24 AM
Could the following people please call the office tomorrow and organise payment for the book, if they still want it:

Samir
ivo
madaboutfish
Ness
King

Those who have paid, thank you :)

If you want this book, please call as I will be only getting what is ordered.

Thanks

Rebecca

Xtreme
Sun Aug 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
Book order will be made lunch time tomorrow, unfortunately those who have not contacted the office, will miss out.
If you want a copy, you will have until 12.00pm to contact the office.
Thank you to those who have contacted me.
Your book will be here within approx 10 days.

Thanks,
Rebecca

ivo
Sun Aug 26, 2007, 12:02 PM
i am looking forward to look at the pretty pictures should be a good book to keep. thanks for organising it.

Xtreme
Tue Aug 28, 2007, 02:02 AM
Books are on the way, you will be notified upon arrival.

Thanks

Rebecca :)

Top_Bhoy
Tue Aug 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
Oh damn....just spotted this. I guess I am too late???? Can I have first shot at any spares please?

ASA
Fri Aug 31, 2007, 03:12 AM
We have now received new supplies of this excellent book, and is now listed on ASA.

You will find it here:

http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=3006

samir
Fri Aug 31, 2007, 12:07 PM
does that mean I can pick up :?:

Xtreme
Fri Aug 31, 2007, 12:46 PM
Yes Samir, ready to go, so is yours Scott.
All others will be mailed on monday. :)

scott bowler
Fri Aug 31, 2007, 12:54 PM
ok thanks bec will pick up tuesday hehe

WAZ
Wed Sep 05, 2007, 08:24 AM
This is a great book - a MUST for all discus lovers.