PDA

View Full Version : Pure Spirulina Flake

mistakes r crucial
Wed Aug 15, 2007, 07:57 PM
Hi all,

The pure Spirulina flake that a few of the guys here and over at the cichlid forum have been trialing went very well so we've recently ordered the first batch which will be here over the next month or so.

This flake is pure Spirulina, nothing added to it apart from Lecithin to hold it together so it's about as natural as it gets and the health benefits for your fish are excellent, colour aint bad either. We've been mixing it with Breeders Blend flake for Discus with great results, they love it.

We've had pre orders of about 90kg so if you want some I'd put your hand up as we've only ordered a couple of hundred kilo and it's not always available. We're not going to retail this flake in the stores, it will only be available directly from AFA and it will only be available in two sizes, 500gm and 4kg, $44.95 for 500gm and $219 for 4kg.

Please let me know if you want to secure some.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 06:06 AM
Hi,

The flake arrived in Sydney on Friday so it should be ready to go within the next 10 days or so. For those people that have ordered some I'll be in touch shortly and thanks for supporting a local business, it's very much appreciated.
MAC

rest08
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 11:08 AM
Are you able to post them to Melbourne

mistakes r crucial
Sat Aug 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
Hi Rest,

Yes, Australia wide.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Tue Sep 25, 2007, 11:09 PM
Here is the profile on the Spirulina we've brought in. The results some of the guys are getting and especially the large African breeders we have using it are simply outstanding. When you see the profile it's not hard to work out why.
MAC

the german
Wed Sep 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
sounds good mate,cant wait to try it :D

Bretto
Fri Sep 28, 2007, 11:58 AM
I would whole heartedly recomend this food to anyone, particularly those of you who make your own food. I have made a blend with 50% sprirulina flake plus green prawns, peas, and spinich. My Tanganyikans have never looked so good. They are breeding like mad, in fact I've nearly run out of room for fry :shock: . My Corydoras seem to love it too.

I couldn't be happier with your product.

Thanks again mate.

Bretto.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Sep 28, 2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks Bretto, we couldn't be happier with it either. The old saying that you can't please all of the people all of the time doesn't apply to this stuff, the feedback has been unreal.
MAC

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 29, 2007, 03:30 AM
I'd like to order a 4 kilo bucket of flakes please MAC.

Please advise ordering procedure.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Sep 29, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Mez,

Thanks for the order, PM sent.
MAC

the german
Tue Oct 09, 2007, 09:33 AM
got my flakes a few days ago,all fish love it,(african cichlids,orangr spot,peppies) now comes the thing,after3 days of feeding them i have leptosomas holding,and labidochromis mbamba holding,damn good stuff.
cheers for that mac

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 09, 2007, 07:29 PM
Hi Michael,

Glad your fish are enjoying the Spirulina. We are receiving a few reports similar to yours and especially from African breeders. If you feed it to fry take note of their colour, the feedback we've had there has been excellent with 6 week old fry in full colour.
MAC

DiscusMad
Wed Oct 10, 2007, 12:49 PM
will have to get some next pay as well

mistakes r crucial
Wed Oct 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
No problem DM, just give me a shout when you're ready.
MAC

Reillin
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
Can I grab 4 kilos of the flake please.

Cheers,
Vien.

mistakes r crucial
Mon Oct 29, 2007, 08:09 PM
Sure Reillin, please PM me your address details and I will organise to have it shipped to you. Our bank details will be PM'd to you later today. Thanks for the support, it's appreciated.
MAC

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 03:52 AM
Received my spirulina flakes a couple of weeks ago. Mixed into my beefheart mix, and wow, what a difference.!

Everybody eats this stuff, discus, rainbows, rams, horseface, my mouthbrooding bettas and now I've got three peppermints with eggs.

Even the new wilds are up at the front of the tank everytime I walk past, begging for more food.

Too early to see a change in colour yet, but if appetite is any indication, mixing this flake with beefheart mix is definately a winner :!:

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 04:05 AM
It's good stuff Mel, positive comments all over the place and the results are speaking for themselves. Just keep that Astaxanthin up to them as well and you should have fry everywhere. I expect to see Wild discus fry and Altums up for sale within a few months, no pressure lol!
MAC

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 04:12 AM
LOL thanks for the vote of confidence MAC.
I've been crushing the flake very fine and feeding it to young fry along with baby brine shrimp. Not sure if it's meant for that, but the fry seem to love it, and they're growing well.

Got any thoughts on that?

mistakes r crucial
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 04:46 PM
It's feeding it to fry that's impressing most people, they are getting excellent growth rates and young fish are colouring up way sooner.
MAC

tiktaalik
Tue Oct 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
hi mac,

ok, i give in! how do I order?

ralph

mistakes r crucial
Wed Oct 31, 2007, 12:31 AM
LoL Ralph, just PM me your address details together with the size you want and I will PM you our bank details etc.
MAC

tiktaalik
Wed Oct 31, 2007, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the quick response. PM sent.

mistakes r crucial
Wed Oct 31, 2007, 08:30 PM
Didn't receive a PM from you tiktaalik.
Cheers
MAC

dazza74
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 10:32 AM
have u got any of this stuff left?
wouldnt mind tryin my cichlids on it

mistakes r crucial
Mon Nov 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yup

TW
Wed Nov 14, 2007, 09:31 PM
Hi there, PM sent.

mistakes r crucial
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks TW, if Im a bit slow answering over the next few day please bear with me. Good old Telstra dropped the codecs off my lines this week so Im without my own internet connection until ........, who knows, until they wake up, get bored and want something to do I suppose.
MAC

TW
Tue Nov 20, 2007, 05:51 AM
ok, thanks. When you you can, you can pm a reply. I don't seem have your PM as yet, but I guess when Telstra get bored, I'll receive it.

Cheers, Robyn.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Nov 20, 2007, 06:16 AM
PM sent TW.
MAC

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 30, 2007, 12:02 AM
PM sent

mistakes r crucial
Fri Nov 30, 2007, 12:17 AM
Back at cha Jothy.
MAC