PDA

View Full Version : Very upset red turq boss

DiscusMad
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 03:24 PM
Well in the past month my runt SS has had a huge growth spurt over the others (which I don't understand why? still keeping the same tank program) and now decided that its going to be the boss of the tank now and is keeping the rest herded up in one corner :evil: the red turq is still trying to remain boss lol

I have had the SS for 8 months now and the others for 6-7 months

Is this normal for one to get a sudden burst of growth and the others slow down?

my water is perfect and stable

I just don't understand :?

weird
Sat Oct 30, 2004, 01:18 AM
No advice, that very interesting reading. I have a bully in my tank, he has red nostrils , which I though was from stress but now looks like it is used to go "hey guys I am about to ram you!!!!", he is the class bully. My runt (he had a bad bash of sickness when I first got him) when moved from the small tank to the 4 foot, has had a huge growth spurt. He get the brunt of the bully's attention ... sometimes he has a fit of enough is enough, and they fight ... toe to toe. I am hoping to get another pair to diffuse the situation or atleast spread the bullying ... so writing that , two options to consider ...

1. Separate him with egg crate or move to another tank , reintroduce him later ... this should disrupt the current social order.

2. Introduce more discus (hopefully more dominate) which will again disrupt the current social ladder.

anti-generic
Sat Oct 30, 2004, 07:51 AM
hey guys
i think its normal. i've had 3 changes in hierarchy in my tank. as long as the defeated boss is not too stressed and remains healthy.

it should be alright
Eric

D.J
Mon Nov 01, 2004, 11:09 AM
same here, my leopard spot had a huge growth spurt as well, from being one of the smallest out of the six to being one of the largest, now he likes to bully others, the SS doesn't like it though as he has always been the bos for the last six months.

Don.