PDA

View Full Version : please help sick fish

coco
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 06:50 AM
hi i have a problem with my red melon. there is only the two in the breeding tank she has white film on her fins and tail , and looks like she
suck in if you know what i am trying to say .so i put some melafix in the tank thats all i have here on me . best pics i could take without stressing her out because she dont like the camera please help thanks. ps.tested water all fine

coco

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 07:13 AM
It looks like pH burn coco.

Test your pH again. If it's still okay, around 6 or 7, then do a water change and add salt to the tank a the rate of 1 heap teaspoon per 40 litres.

What stage of breeding are they at. Have they just finished raising fry, or are they yet to lay eggs?

coco
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 07:28 AM
thankyou for your reply ladyred the fry are 5 weeks old and in another tank but she laid 1 lot of eggs but been eaten up . i used cooking salt ph was up to 7.3. it was 6.9 am check . doing water change now. only thing i have changed was put in new pot maybe something in pot so i removed it .

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 13, 2007, 08:26 AM
A lot of my females look pretty terrible after raising fry, especially if it's been a big spawn.

I wouldn't be breeding her till she regains her health. Either remove the breeding cone entirely, or give her a little holiday away from the male.

They produce excess mucus to rid themselves of a skin irritation, so a bit of salt won't hurt. Just keep up the water changes for a while and see how she goes.