PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know people

Aurora
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 02:24 AM
Just an idea, but what do people think about putting a sticky up where people can put a pic of themselves and a little bit about themselves?

I know that there is a section for introductions, but I think it would be good if people could put a face to the names that we see on here, especially the regulars.

The format could just be:

Name:
How long you have had discus:
Anything else you think is interesting:
Then post a pic:

If you dont have a camera you can still put some info about yourself.

What do people think?

skoom
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 04:23 AM
why not.....

But it's fun being 'anonymous' too!

Aurora
Sat Oct 30, 2004, 02:33 AM
58 people have viewed this and only one person has an opinion?

You can say its not a good idea if you think.

weird
Sat Oct 30, 2004, 03:10 AM
but age: 31.83 years
how long have had discus: 6 months
anything else interesting: some pub tricks you have to see
fotos: some in the album of my fish, but waiting to finish a few things , also have to set up a botia tank to move these 6 guys out of my main tank (although they have been behaving !)

Aurora
Sat Oct 30, 2004, 03:57 AM
OK Dave's keen to start right now, so I'll follow :)

Name: David Williams
Occupation: Student, finished a Diploma of Applied Science (Biological Science), doing a Bacholar of Science (Biological Science)........yay exams on Monday :( Also working at Safeway (Woolworths) in produce.
How Long You've Had Discus: Not yet, but I have nearly finished sorting out the problems in the tank and I should be getting fish in about two weeks.
Anything Else Thats Interesting: Remember that White Crow tomato sauce ad with Plugga and Lou Richard about 10 years ago? Well the kid in the green t-shirt at the front.............THAT WAS ME!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackGhost
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 08:25 AM
Ok will.
Josh Latinovic.
Work in a small lfs. And high school student.
Dont have discus yet need my new tank.
I like Basketball-BMX riding-corys and BlackGhost knife fish.

Sorry all my pics of myself are too big i will do my best to get a smaller 1 soon.

Billy
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 01:59 PM
Name: Billy Tang
Occupation: Student (B Comp Sci) just one more exam then i will be finish, but exam is on Monday :lol:

How long you have had discus: 2 yrs, i only have 2 discus now but i will have more discus after the exam !!!!

Hey can anyone offer/find me a job in IT/programming ??

flukes
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 02:01 PM
What qualifications do you have Billy?

Billy
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 02:12 PM
To be honest just a typical comp sci student

major in Secure distribute system

well i know C++, Java, Unix, Client Server programming, Web Technology (Perl, CGI, PHP, Servlet, JSP)...etc

also some background on computer engineering !!

flukes
Fri Nov 05, 2004, 02:16 PM
Want too make it in IT and get paid well get mircrosft certified..

My mate finished his MCSE and got a job 3 weeks later with a 70k salary. He is only 22. :shock: