PDA

View Full Version : recycle anybody?

chris_d
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 03:47 AM
Given the state of water supply in NSW our hobby, sorry to say, is not helping. I love discus don't get me wrong but i feel the water maintance we frequently give them is a concern (small) to me :( . i know not everyone feels the same nor am i an enviro but i was wondering what others thoughts about it were and perhaps post up some water saving tips for our hobby. :wink:

i try to do my bit by using the watse water for the garden. mum's orchids thrives on it! :lol:

africandiscus
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 03:56 AM
Keeping discus and saving water is an oxymoron

weird
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 05:53 AM
I don't think the water used for discus is much more than used when bathing a baby everyday ?

Trebs
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 06:42 AM
Yeah, a lot more water gets used on gardens, washing cars and hosing driveways.

I share a house with 2 other people. I have 5 tanks and do regular water changes. According to the water bill we are comfortably under the average water use for a 2 person household. Native plants and dirty cars are the way to save water it seems.

jim
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 07:02 AM
I guess recycle the water for garden is the only way to go. Besides, plants loves it. My vegi garden grows so well thanks to fish poos...

The only way to recycle waste water back to fish tank is through RO unit..(I think)..but who will be crazy enough to do that...

Cut down shower time if you really feel guilty... :-) I collect my shower water for garden as well anyway.