PDA

View Full Version : Private Fleet anybody delt with them ?

Tunnel Rat
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 08:10 AM
Hi people Private Fleet anybody got them to find a new car for them ?
I am buying a new car and was thinking of seeing what price they can come up with as they say they can beat any dealers price .
I have been told by three dealers that I am up for six months wait before they can supply the car as they cannot supply the demand for this car.The bad thing is that takes away a lot of my barging power and they seem not willing to drop the price much.
This company Private Fleet says they will do it cheaper and properly get it sooner.
So has anybody dealt with them if so how did you find them ?

thx
Rat

DIY
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 08:31 AM
Sorry I haven't dealt with them so I can't comment on private fleet, but I was googling on the weekend and came across this site http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/ which was pretty interesting and might give you some bargaining power perhaps.

what car you after?

Tunnel Rat
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry I haven't dealt with them so I can't comment on private fleet, but I was googling on the weekend and came across this site http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/ which was pretty interesting and might give you some bargaining power perhaps.

what car you after?

Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab 4x4 3.0Ltr T/D.

Thanks will look into them and let you know how I go.

Rat

Proteus
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 10:12 AM

I work with someone who has one of these.... he is selling it after less than 6 months, an absolute piece of rubbish (his words - and he is a big Toyota fan).

He has got himself a brand new dual cab Nissan Navara with all the bells and whistles (including skorkel... lol) and loves it to death...

(must say, I quite like taking it for a spin when I a manage to steal the key, oops, I mean borrow the key) :wink:

AquaticMaster
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 11:28 AM
We had to wait 3 months for our turbo diesel 07, do you have ABN ? You may be able to get an additional discount if you present this, but to be honest they don't budge too much on the Hilux range. You have to work them hard, and don't reveal your cards and your intentions of getting a hilux. (ie. Ford ranger, triton, etc etc.)

I have never used a fleet, so not sure about that avenue..

Tunnel Rat
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 11:42 AM

I work with someone who has one of these.... he is selling it after less than 6 months, an absolute piece of rubbish (his words - and he is a big Toyota fan).

He has got himself a brand new dual cab Nissan Navara with all the bells and whistles (including skorkel... lol) and loves it to death...

(must say, I quite like taking it for a spin when I a manage to steal the key, oops, I mean borrow the key) :wink:

I have been 4x4ing in the new Nissan navara and the Mitsubishi Triton GLX-R as I have work mates with both.The Nissan is great value for what you get I loved the way the Mitsubishi triton drove.
But as a mechanic for over 20yrs I have never been a fan of Nissan's so the Nissan was never in the picture for me not saying it is a bad car I just did not like it.
All three cars I found are so close with the Toyota you do get less for your money then the other two.The hilux a friend owns has done two big trips over the 1.5 years he has owned it and it is still tighter and has no interior squeaks or rattles like the Nissan has over less time and 4x4 work.Things I do know the motor in the Toyota will do 500,000km with no problem not sure about the other two.I have seen one clock the 1'000'000km mark nice motors.
Hey Rohan make sure you tell your mate to cover up the sump as my mate found out the second time he was out he punched a hole in the sump and had to get the Toyota too tow him out :lol:
He still cops slack about that. The Nissan does not come with any protection but he will know this if he is into 4x4.

Rat

scott bowler
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 11:58 AM
im looking for a good mechanic do you travel west would hehe

Tunnel Rat
Tue Aug 07, 2007, 12:22 PM
im looking for a good mechanic do you travel west would hehe

I have not worked on anybody's car but my own in 7yrs and never will again.
I left that trade seven years ago and will never look back :lol:

Rat

Robdog
Thu Aug 09, 2007, 09:10 AM
As far as the new dual cab utes go, they are all fairly limited these days without aftermarket gear. They are all pretty low slung and have soft, road friendly suspension so sumps, transfer cases, sidesteps and frontends all get bashed around when you get them off the road.
I don't think you can get any better dual cab than the TD Hilux at the moment. The "New" Triton is still old Mitsubishi crap, Pathfinder is too road oriented but still a nice truck, Ssangyong phffffft, Mazda/Ford Bravo/Courier stink too.
The old Navara was good, with more poke than the Lux. The old Lux was better off road, better looking and has more aftermarket stickons than you could shake a wet dog at. And I've got one hahahaha ;)

Go the new Lux. They look hot, have a cracker of an engine and a 2inch lift will get you up the Cape and back.
Just don't pay Toyota's prices if you can avoid it!

Tunnel Rat
Thu Aug 09, 2007, 02:11 PM
As far as the new dual cab utes go, they are all fairly limited these days without aftermarket gear. They are all pretty low slung and have soft, road friendly suspension so sumps, transfer cases, sidesteps and frontends all get bashed around when you get them off the road.
I don't think you can get any better dual cab than the TD Hilux at the moment. The "New" Triton is still old Mitsubishi crap, Pathfinder is too road oriented but still a nice truck, Ssangyong phffffft, Mazda/Ford Bravo/Courier stink too.
The old Navara was good, with more poke than the Lux. The old Lux was better off road, better looking and has more aftermarket stickons than you could shake a wet dog at. And I've got one hahahaha ;)

Go the new Lux. They look hot, have a cracker of an engine and a 2inch lift will get you up the Cape and back.
Just don't pay Toyota's prices if you can avoid it!

Hi rob I have always wanted a lux it just never happened but have ordered one now.I started out with a $30,000 limit for a 04 SR5 but was shocked how much money these cars were pulling.
I then sat in a new model 06 SR5 so was looking for a second hand one at the auctions but some how all the TD models that were listed for auction never made it they disappeared before hand.The ones I did find all went for top dollar so stuff it new one here I come you only live once.
I decided on the SR it's on order should see it late September
I dropped the SR5 idea & went for the SR and will spent the $10,000 saved on some gear to build it up the way I like it. ARB bars,side bars,OME kit,wheels,Tye's,flared guards,rear locker,Then the wish list just keeps going :cry:
I think I just blew the new tank :roll:

Rat

Robdog
Fri Aug 10, 2007, 11:11 AM
Good one mate! :D
Not much difference between SR &SR5 anyway. I think I got mine back at the end of '02 and they stung me bad. I was younger, dumber and cashed up. (unlike now) I paid $50k for mine but it's been awesome. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

I've thought about some lockers for mine too. Would probably put them up front and let the LSD struggle away out the back. :lol:
I've put 31inch BFG's on mine and they make it heaps better. Next is an exhaust and Dtronic chip to get the BFG's smokin! :twisted: