PDA

View Full Version : mirror

DiscusMad
Wed Oct 27, 2004, 05:00 PM
I had come across a guy wanting to put a mirror asa back drop.

Ok i understand that agressive fish there would be problems but i was wondering if it would make the discus think there is more of them and try schooling wiht there reflection?

Or discus too smart for that trick? :P

jim
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 01:38 AM
geez...that sounds crazy...maybe you can give it a try first and then give us feed back.. :-)

Maybe you will end up have all your discus swimming around crazy like seeing ghost...

Don't forget to give us feedback... :-)

DiscusMad
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 01:08 PM
have to find a mirror first so i have to wait untill the local clean up on the 1st

weird
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 02:38 PM
There is a fish store in the North Shore and I basically do everything opposite what he says, cause I am sure he is intent on killing fish ... he told me that an awesome effect is having a tank made of mirrored glass... well I would do the opposite !

discussushi
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 11:08 PM
There is a breeder in liverpool that has all his tanks with the backdrop asa mirror, he very successful at breeding and keeping. So i dont see the problem. He does find it handy when looking at eggs that the pairs have layed on the back of the cone etc.

africandiscus
Thu Oct 28, 2004, 11:22 PM
There is a fish store in the North Shore and I basically do everything opposite what he says, cause I am sure he is intent on killing fish ... he told me that an awesome effect is having a tank made of mirrored glass... well I would do the opposite !

LOL :lol:

jim
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 12:39 AM
:? if mirror is not a bad idea..maybe I can give it a go too...

I might like it as it may make my tank looks bigger.. 8)

just hope my discus are ok with it....

And I don't think north shore LFS knows much about discus anyway...as they don't stock many / any. Even they do, their discus are not good looking and are way over priced.. For the same price, I can pick up 10 times better looking fish at SLS... :wink:

discussushi
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 01:12 AM
which store are we talking about???

jim
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 02:23 AM
it's stores around Chatswood area...things/fishes are generally more expensive than other area..and staffs are less experienced.. I don't want to mention name of the stores..don't want people's business to suffer because of my comment :-)

discussushi
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 03:28 AM
fair enough, just hate LFS that dont look after their discus, its probably the main problem in getting new people into them and the hobby in general.

weird
Fri Oct 29, 2004, 03:54 AM
Yeah I don't want to mention store names, but around the chatswood area is shocking. I find myself going south, west or online.