PDA

View Full Version : Vego Discus!!!!

bassoonboy
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 12:11 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the discus game. I am currently in the process of training my newly aquired 7 discus to eat NLS discus food. This appears to becoming more edible for them.

Last night I decided to feed my catfish some blanched zucchini and the discus went wild over it and pushed the catfish away devouring it before my cats had a chance to get a bite.

I wasn't aware that these fish enjoyed veggies so much.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or have my cats made them turn to the "GREEN SIDE of the FORCE". :twisted:

CHeers,

Pat

Merrilyn
Sat Aug 04, 2007, 01:37 PM
Have to say mine are rather keen on their vegies too, not as much as your fish seem to be, but they do pick at the zucchini and squashed peas I put in for the catfish.

When they're offered a variety of food, they'll naturally choose what their body needs.

Maybe your guys are telling you thatg they haven't seen vegies in a long time. Perhaps they were just fed on a beefheart diet before you got them.

As we don't really know what they need (ornamental fish nutrition is very little understood) I feel more comfortable offering them a variety of foods.

I feed a beefheart mix with plenty of fish and prawns in it, along with steamed vegetables, frozen bloodworms and mysis shrimp, and to round it all out, a good quality flake or pellet food.