PDA

View Full Version : Just introduced my discus

Alexi
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 09:35 AM
Hello.

I recently introduced my new discus five hours ago. I am planning on getting two more next weekend so the filter has time to adjust.

Should i be concerned if my discus do not take food straight away, they do seem to pick at a few leaves in the tank, i am gathering this is a sign of hunger.

I am attempting to feed them discus hikari granules, over time will they accet the new food? Also, will they eat food once it hits the tank bottom?

I understand these are noobish questions, but any information concerning new discus/feeding would be so helpful.

Both of my discus are in excellent physical condition, and came from a good stock.

Kind Regards,

Alexi :D

scott bowler
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 09:47 AM
hi Alexi some discus may take a while to feed mate you have no need to worry
they can take up to a week before they take food,just try again in a day or two ,how long has your tank been set up?

Alexi
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 10:12 AM
it has been cycling for close on two months, added bristlenose i think four days ago, and the discus today =D

Atm i have 3 bristlenose, 2 albino catfish, 2 catfish that are a silver/black colour rather than white (all babies) and two discus.

They seem to be testing the water, coming out from the corner of the tank to explore the front area. and as soon as i go near the tank, they dart back, but now they seem to not mind so much, but are cautious of me.

scott bowler
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 10:28 AM
well thats good mate ,i feel that all will be ok

samir
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 10:54 AM
don't need to feed them the first day, give them a little tomorrow.

Alexi
Sat Jul 28, 2007, 11:54 AM
got them to eat a pellet each =D

once they got into hunger mode all they've been doing is searching the tank for bits of food amongst the gravel

thanks for the swift replies

most appreciated!!