PDA

View Full Version : Hello! =o)

Alexi
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 04:45 AM
Hey guys!

I am new to this forum. Over the last two months i have been slowly bringing my goal of owning a successful planted discus tank into reality.

I have a 4 foot aquarium (55G) currently being filtered by a Eheim 620LPH Eternal filter and by mid next week i will hooking up a Eheim 1200LPH Eternal filter, i am thinking of running both of them in the same aquarium, do you think that would work well?

My tank has been cycling for almost 2 months and has only recently had three 4 month old Bristlenose catfish introduced.

I have been running the tank at a steady 28.4-29.6. I am curious as to how low a temperature i can have for discus, what is the safest temperature i can maintain?

Kind Regards,

Alexi

scott bowler
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 09:20 AM
hi Alexi welcome to the forum .i would put the temp p to about 30 - 32 it would he better .the other things sounds good and you need to have a ph of around 6.8 but that IMO .

Alexi
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 10:11 AM
hey =)

Will the bristlenoses be okay at that temp? I have read a lot on them and discus, alot of people seem to keep bristlenose well, regardless of their lower temperature tolerance

Whats the Discus Forums opinion?

scott bowler
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 10:18 AM
yeah they will be fine mine are good and they are in a low ph and high temp

Alexi
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
How long have you had your bristlenose? =)

I am so excited, this may sound odd, but i cannot wait to get my discus!

Also, whats your aquarium specs and what heater do you have in your tank to maintain such a high temp?

scott bowler
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 10:39 AM
i have had 1 of them for about 18 months and the others for bout 8 months. i have a few tanks of all sizes but the one with BNs in it is 6ft x 2 it has 2 300w heaters in it my ph is normaly 6.5-6.8,its a planted tank the temp is about 32-34 . so good luck with it all hehe good you are excited .i still get that way when i get new fish hehe