PDA

View Full Version : breeders around Hurstville

DiscusMad
Tue Oct 26, 2004, 02:30 PM
I heard today that there is a local breader in my area doese anybody know how to get in contact with him?

jim
Wed Oct 27, 2004, 12:00 AM
I know a breeder call Colin Stewart who is in 47 Dixon St, Mt Druitt. 02.98645701.

He got a lot of nice discus (he claims that he got over a thousand of them). He is bit far, but it's very worth to visit him, I got most of my discus from him.

Mattzilla
Wed Oct 27, 2004, 05:03 AM
i have got discus from colin as well....a long trip but well worth it.

there is a guy at hurstville called jaqui...his number is 97508160

tell him matt pritchard sent you and he will take good care of you

Trebs
Wed Oct 27, 2004, 07:45 AM
I've been to see Jaqui before, look for his ads in the trading post. Generally has red malboros and a few others. Can't say too much about his fish as I have not bought any. They looked good and he does treat for all the usual stuff which is a good sign. Also a nice guy with a genuine love for discus and their wellbeing.

As for Colin I have had the misfortune of buying fish from him before. I won't say anymore than this - Give Jaqui a call.

I'll be going back to Jaqui when he advertises again.

Mattzilla
Wed Oct 27, 2004, 01:17 PM
use your judgement when buying from jaqui though. sometimes he doesn't have good quality disucs in stock. he does have a pretty good trunover of stock so if he doesn't have what you want one week, he may have it the next. this is great because it gives you the choice to be picky and only buy quality discus.

hth
matt

DiscusMad
Wed Oct 27, 2004, 01:18 PM
cool thanks guy for the info

and i'll have to go out to one of thoese discus meetings one day