PDA

View Full Version : pemafix or pimafix

stan
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
Hi,awhile ago I asked about using melafix and had a reply from Crocky he suggested using pemafix did he mean pemafix or pimafix.I am having some trouble with white markings on my discus fins along the edges and some spots maybe fin rot not sure.I have started dosing with pimafix but am not sure if this is right could anyone help.thanks Stan.

scott bowler
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 07:45 AM
he may have ment pimafix but if you are treating fin rot out of the two i think that it is melafix that is used. unless the fin problem is fungal ?if not the melafix is a antibiotic I think. how ever i dont use eather of them maybe some one that does can help more

stan
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks Scott for the quick reply what would you suggest Stan

scott bowler
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 08:07 AM
hi stan you can try Myxazin its a waterlife product i have used this and had good results ,thats about the only thing that i have used .have you tried salt at all ?.

stan
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 08:14 AM
thanks Scott.

Bill T
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 06:53 AM
I'm not keen on primafix, or melafix, as I think it is useless for discus at best and at worst may even be harmful.
A number of people on this site have suggested the same. There is some sentiment that these products may harm the discus fish slime coating.

I've had reasonable results with myxacin, which greatly reduces the quantity of water bourne bacteria.

Do you have a UV steriliser, by the way?

Bill T
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 06:54 AM
I'm not keen on primafix, or melafix, as I think it is useless for discus at best and at worst may even be harmful.
A number of people on this site have suggested the same. There is some sentiment that these products may harm the discus fish slime coating.

I've had reasonable results with myxacin, which greatly reduces the quantity of water bourne bacteria.

Do you have a UV steriliser, by the way?

stan
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks Scott and Bill.
Just wondering, what is Myxazin and where would I get it?