PDA

View Full Version : I'm Taking the Plunge

bassoonboy
Sun Jul 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hi All,

Tommorrow I'm picking up my first discus. 4 x Red Turquoise. I've kept tangs, malawi and am currently keeping L number catfish. I've always loved discus but never took the plunge. I think they'll complement my pretty catfish nicely especially as most of the time we'll only see the discus anyway.

Any tips would be great.

Cheers,

Pat

Merrilyn
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Pat. Glad to have you on board.

If you're keeping L numbers, I guess you're probably not from Aus. Would I be right?

Hope you enjoy your time with us. :P

scott bowler
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 11:15 AM
welcome to the forum pat hope it goes well for you ,they are great fun these lovely fish.You will find all you need to keep them here on this forum and a great bunch of people always happy to help

scott

the german
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
welcomr to the forum.
you picked the right place :D nice poeple great advice

michael

bassoonboy
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome. I am from Aus. I'll fix my profile, sorry.
Well I picked up my first discus tonight. I went to pickup 4 and came home with 7. 4 x Red Turquoise and 3 x pigeon blood. They are beautiful I'll post some pics ASAP.

Cheers,

Pat

Professor_J
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
... I went to pickup 4 and came home with 7...

I know that feeling... I went to the store once to pick up three tiger barbs to keep the three I'd adopted from someplace else company (they all thought they were clown loaches, but that's another story) :) ...

Anyway, came home with the barbs AND a 90gal setup! :shock: (also had a heap of pets my LFS was keeping in a tank for me until the 90 was ready...)

3 extra discus, you got off cheap for impulse purchases!