PDA

View Full Version : need help with new EHEIM 2213 external filter!!

djceri_g
Fri Jul 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
Im trying to put it all togther and the instrctions is no good!! Anyone got one of these?

ILLUSN
Fri Jul 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
i got a heap of these, what are you having trouble with?

open the filter, was your media, put ceramic noodles in first then corse sponge, then efhi substrate, then fine sponge ( i dont use the carbon sponge).

make sure sealing oring is inplace on filter head and attach the head to the canbister body with the clips.

install hose intake at the bottom of the canister, output at the top. attach spray bar to end of output. intake strainer to intake bend and riser to the intake hose. position everything in the tank position with suction cups. when your happy cut the hoses near to the canister and install the double taps.

with everything in and set up, disconnect the spray bar and suck hard on the output hose till the canister fills. as the canister fills re connect the spray bar. once the filter is full (you know cause air stops comming out plug in and enjoy the best filter ever made for a small tank :D

pringle
Sat Jul 21, 2007, 05:40 AM
Any if the Eheim Filters are really good.

I've got the 2213 for 2 years now.

The hardest bit of setting up in the siphon, but you get that with any canister filter.

Trouble free. No real maintenance whatsoever.

djceri_g
Sat Jul 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
ahh, so there must be water in the canister before switching it on! Thats why it makes a mad noise!

djceri_g
Sat Jul 21, 2007, 10:33 AM
Sorted! :-) Is it possible to place the spray bar under water? its bloody noisy! lol

ILLUSN
Sat Jul 21, 2007, 01:32 PM
yes, that's how mine run.

djceri_g
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 10:19 AM
Ive got 2 parts and dont know what to do with them, this is a pic if one of them and the other is slightly larger and sort of half a tube if you now what I mean?

djceri_g
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 10:19 AM
Ive got 2 parts and dont know what to do with them, this is a pic if one of them and the other is slightly larger and sort of half a tube if you now what I mean?

ILLUSN
Mon Jul 23, 2007, 11:50 PM
thats the small bend, used when you want to bend the output hose of your filter into the tank (i dont use it). the other half bend is to stop hoses from kinking or pinching when you bend them (again i dont use it)

djceri_g
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 07:36 AM
ohh, nice one! So Im all set, its been running for a few days now and is the best filter ive ever bought! and it was only £32!!

ILLUSN
Tue Jul 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
You'll like the eheim classics great filter for small(er) tanks 2213 is probably the mose efficient filter i've ver used (well asside from my new pro 3 2080).

djceri_g
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 09:17 AM
#Ive been cycling this filter for 3 days adding pure ammonia into my old tank, its funny, the ammonia drops form a high level to 0 in 24 hours! And there is no nirtite or nitrate readings! Whats going on? in the old tank there is only some old gravel and a built in filter thats not switched on.

ILLUSN
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
keep it up the no2 and no3 will come, if you used mature media in the filter the leves of ammonia and no2 will be 0

djceri_g
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
No mature in the new filter, only in the tank (external filter built in) What Im trying to do is cycle this new filter in the old tank so I can put into the new one, I have a mature filter int he new one but dint think its mature enough for the 5 Discus im getting in the mext month, just wanna be safe and get this new one to be able to handle high levels of ammonia

ILLUSN
Wed Jul 25, 2007, 11:44 PM
give it 2 weeks if your still getting zero reading try a diffrent test kit. if still zero with the new kit throw fish in and be happy with a very well cycled tank.

djceri_g
Thu Jul 26, 2007, 08:49 AM
My testing kits are fine, the best ones you can get IMO. (API liquid master kit) Wednesday night I added 15 drops of ammonia into this tank (its 22 Gal) Thursday morning i tested and the reading was 0.25 ppm. Added another 15 drops this morning. Could it be the bacteria in the tank (gravel etc) that consumes the ammonia, if it is then this means when I move the new filter into the new tank maybey the filter aint as matured as we thought. Do you know what I mean? And my concerns? What i think i will do is take all the gravel out to get bacteria to grow into the Eheim filter

ILLUSN
Thu Jul 26, 2007, 09:41 AM
take out the gravel by now your filter should be "seeded" and with time the bacteria will develop.